Thanks to our friends in SF

Yep. The moral center led the charge to end atomic energy & new fuel refining in the USA.

something tells me the degree to which the wealthy and powerful in this country are tied into oil + keeping energy sources THE SAME has more to do with it than a couple greenpeace types (and a few scared moms that went along with) at the protest march down by the nuke plant, tho i would certainly agree that nuke power is stunted and should be encouraged rather than pissed on by over-regulation.

Pick some bullshit and stick to it, huh? :lol:

Let me explain iot really slowly.

The photo is set in San Francisco.

San Francisco, also called the Bay area, is full of leftists.

Leftists like government control.

Due to government control & leftist propaganda, taxes & fee's (hey, there's that bs word again) are passed along to the consumer to encourage alternate methods of transportation & to fund research, thanks to moronic politicians & agenda driven freaks like greenpeace, those idiotic ideas have gotten into the system, especially in California & most especially in the Bay Area.

Fuel elsewhere in the country is nearly a dollar, per gallon, lower.

Was that slow enough?

gonz i think we were simply distracted by the overwhelming archie bunker-ism of your initial comments.

Let me explain iot really slowly.

The photo is set in San Francisco.

San Francisco, also called the Bay area, is full of leftists.

Leftists like government control.

Due to government control & leftist propaganda, taxes & fee's (hey, there's that bs word again) are passed along to the consumer to encourage alternate methods of transportation & to fund research, thanks to moronic politicians & agenda driven freaks like greenpeace, those idiotic ideas have gotten into the system, especially in California & most especially in the Bay Area.

Was that slow enough?

You forgot to mention again that every single one of them is evidently queer. So it's the gays fault and the leftists fault and clearly has nothing to do with the rising price of crude due to the volatile situation in the middle east I guess? Ooh, I forgot, we're in control. There probably is no volatile situation in the middle east. It's just a leftist lie.

It's okay Gonz. I understood perfectly the first time.

You forgot to mention again that every single one of them is evidently queer. So it's the gays fault and the leftists fault and clearly has nothing to do with the rising price of crude due to the volatile situation in the middle east I guess? Ooh, I forgot, we're in control. There probably is no volatile situation in the middle east. It's just a leftist lie.

It's okay Gonz. I understood perfectly the first time.

A gas station around here sold gas at 80 something cents a litre one morning until 9am...the news station that arranged it said that the station was NOT losing money at that price...so, seems to be that a large portion of the price increases is gorging on the oil company's part...atleast around here.

Ha! Looks like fuel in SF is actually nearly a dollar per gallon lower also.

Just more of your trend of seizing on a singular occurence of to make broad BS generalizations without any substance. :laugh:

Oops.

http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

I don't know if the citywide average of 72 cents lower really counts as "nearly a dollar." But the strange thing is that Shell stations take 8 of the 15 slots for most expensive gas, including the $4.33 that was pictured, on the link you posted. Shell, in my experience, isn't very good gas at all. My car gets several miles to the gallon less with Shell than with any other name-brand gas I've tried with it (Mobil, Exxon, Arco, Chevron, 76, Valero, Texaco before Chevron bought it and sold the gasoline side of it to Shell).

They're thinking that gas'll hit $2/liter this summer...and I don't think that it'll change things.

Want to get people out of their cars? Make public transit cheaper and more effective. If I wanted to go to my former work, I can drive for 15-20 minutes and be there. If I try and take the bus..beyond the wait (because of a lousy schedule), I will have to transfer busses twice. Including their wait times, it'd take me over 1 1/4 hours. (Did it once when my van needed work).

That's not counting dropping off my kids to school/daycare. If I'd tried that, we'd be talking well over 3 hours to get to my work.

Fix that and I'll leave my car at home. Even at $72/month for the bus pass, I'd still be saving money.

Anyway...I wonder what it would take to change habits. I really do.

Back