That time of year

Professur

Time to fuck with all your clocks and watches before you wind up looking like a moron.

But to prevent looking like a crispy fried moron, change the battery in your smoke detector too. May as well do it right now, before you forget. And don't try that crap of pulling the old battery outta the remote control. Use a new one.

That one was about the time change. This one is telling people to get their asses in gear and change the batteries in their smoke detector.

Professur said:
Time to fuck with all your clocks and watches before you wind up looking like a moron.

But to prevent looking like a crispy fried moron, change the battery in your smoke detector too. May as well do it right now, before you forget. And don't try that crap of pulling the old battery outta the remote control. Use a new one.

So....Did you cut and past? :D

i took the battery out of mine...everytime i would leave the front door open it went off...think it was a humidity thing....anyone ever heard of this?

Luis G said:
*has no smoke detectors
*has no need for such things

:D :p

Are you sure?

More people are killed in fires than all other natural disasters combined. In fact, each year there are over 5,000 fire-related deaths, 25,000+ injuries, and over $9 billion dollars lost in direct property damage. Fire safety is not something we think about much, often not until it's too late. But over 80% of fire deaths occur in the home. Fortunately, most of these tragedies can be prevented through proper education and preparedness.

When I was a kid, we had a house fire but it wasn't the smoke alarms that woke us up. Thank God my sister was a light sleeper.

Gonz said:
Are you sure?

yeah, i can get a fire going in the livingroom and it won't happen much except for the burnt floor and black roof, but other than that, everything would be ok. You are forgetting that we live in concrete/brick houses, so fire isn't a real problem for us.

I'd install an earthquake alarm instead, if i had to install an alarm that is.

Luis, the trouble with house fires has little to do with the foundation. its all of the collected materials inside of your house that are the trouble. A burning couch releases more toxic fumes than most people can stand. Add in a carpet, magazines, drapes ... and it all becomes to toxic to survive.

Back