That's my name...don't wear it out...

It drives me up the wall when people assign you a nickname. Let's say, for instance, that your name is "Edward", and you use "Edward", but people you just met start calling you "Ed", or "Eddie". It's "Edward", dammit. If you wanted to be called "Ed", you would introduce yourself as "Ed". Aaaargh.

Sharky said:
It drives me up the wall when people assign you a nickname. Let's say, for instance, that your name is "Edward", and you use "Edward", but people you just met start calling you "Ed", or "Eddie". It's "Edward", dammit. If you wanted to be called "Ed", you would introduce yourself as "Ed". Aaaargh.
sooo...i'm guessing "sharkipoo" isn't a flattering name to you?

I've had people assign me nicknames, it's hard to make them stop. One manager called me Bubba, our UPS guy calls me Slick. Why they call me that, I have no idea. :shrug:

Stop Laughing said:
I've had people assign me nicknames, it's hard to make them stop. One manager called me Bubba, our UPS guy calls me Slick. Why they call me that, I have no idea. :shrug:
Unflattering nicknames are usually the ones that stick the easiest.

If it shows that you're not amused, you're branded for life.

That's how I got flurffy :p

I guess thankfully with those names, no one else calls me those, and the manager who called me Bubba is long gone now, transferred almost to another state.

Because then I would have had to kill him .... and I'm sure Paul would have disapproved of the mess.

Not that I woulda listened to you guys anyway...but why didn't you tell me then?
Because you seemed so happy with him, and we'd just met him...so who were we to judge him? I personally just found him to be a quiet and reserved. :shrug:

Back