That's one spicy chip!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A guy I work with just got back from Alabama...he says it was cold while he was there. He also says that everything was fried.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chilli ...good!
Jalapenos ...Good!
Spicy dorritos ...Good!

Best UK curry ... priceless.

;)

From the land of overcooked beef & bad gravy. What has happened to Merry Old England?

BB

From the land of overcooked beef & bad gravy. What has happened to Merry Old England?

Bad gravy??

Good gravy! (as the saying goes) - where in hell's kitchen did you get that idea?

Merry old England? You need to walk into the hills in Puck's country - The downs - on Midsummers day at dawn and break the hills -

...either that or go to a W.I. event when they are splahing out on the sherry! ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bad gravy??

Good gravy! (as the saying goes) - where in hell's kitchen did you get that idea?

Many a Brits dinner table. Although, in all honesty, it did taste better than the shoeleather.

chcr

Too cute for words
President Bush yesterday defended his assertions that there was a relationship between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda, putting him at odds with this week's finding of the bipartisan Sept. 11 commission.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50679-2004Jun17.html

We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html

Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday the evidence is "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, and he said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/18/cheney.iraq.al.qaeda/

Simply can't understand where anyone got the idea...

Memory seem a bit selective regarding the actual facts?

Aunty Em

Many a Brits dinner table. Although, in all honesty, it did taste better than the shoeleather.

It's a sad fact of life that many young people (and older ones for that matter) can't cook to save their lives. I put this down to the fact that cookery is no longer taught in schools, all the convenience foods shoved at us by stores and the pace of life in general. Plus so many people live on their own these days there's no incentive to cook from scratch... eg all my immediate neighbours are now widowed/divorced/single. Ability to cook nice nutricious meals seems to have gone out the window with family breakdown. Fortunately not for me, I now cook in batches, freeze individual size meals and rarely buy convenience foods... my slow cooker is a god send. :)

Plus my friend and I take it in turns to cook sunday dinner... I'm cooking roast lamb with all the trimmings this sunday... and I've just remembered I forgot the mint sauce and I need to get some fresh rosemary... we'll be sitting out in my garden this week as the weather is so nice. Soon we'll also be going out to dinner on a Sunday at a country pub once or twice a month as well, which will be nice 'cos I've really missed doing that since Katie died and also while I was housebound.

BB

It was probably French shoeleather... too much garlic?
;)

Well, as stereotypes go i'd say it was outdated.
Still plenty of crap food around - but dem times dey are a changin ...

*cue a chcr rant about quasars ... :D *

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
There is no such thing as too much garlic you heathen silly English food trough wiper.

It has been 25 or so years since I was there.