The 10,000 Post Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy weather today. went from 84 to 50 in one hour. tomorrows high temp expected to be 35. record high today. potential record low tomorrow.

Spot said:
crazy weather today. went from 84 to 50 in one hour. tomorrows high temp expected to be 35. record high today. potential record low tomorrow.

It was 26C here yesterday. Hotter than Spain apparently. :)

Aunty Em said:
It was 26C here yesterday. Hotter than Spain apparently. :)

It was that warm in Aberdeen, Scotland too!!!! Which isn't normal for that rainy northern part of Scotland.
In fact it was quite a bit warmer than it is here in Milan just now
:shrug:

Speaking of tazers... there was a report on the news last night that the police over here are going to start using them. I don't particularly like that idea, but I guess if you have dangerous, violent criminals and don't want to resort to using guns then you have to have an effective alternative. I just hope they use them wisely.... :eek:

Aunty Em said:
Speaking of tazers... there was a report on the news last night that the police over here are going to start using them. I don't particularly like that idea, but I guess if you have dangerous, violent criminals and don't want to resort to using guns then you have to have an effective alternative. I just hope they use them wisely.... :eek:
could open the door for more prevalent police brutality if they carry non-lethal weapons, hmmm.

tommyj27 said:
could open the door for more prevalent police brutality if they carry non-lethal weapons, hmmm.

Knowing our police force, it's likely only to be the special gun squads who carry them. I don't think the general public over here would be too happy if every policeman was armed with one of those, nor would they tolerate it for very long. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back