The Campfire

greenfreak said:
*tosses a pair of green lacy garters to Prof*

*sniff**sniff* You could have washed them first. *sniff**sniff* So that's what american red heads smell like .....;)

*relaxes by the fire*

*stands up to tell his real life experience*

When I was a little boy I saw a very strange thing one summer day. I was standing outside and I suddenly heard thunder. I looked up and I saw a cloud move really fast, which allowed me to see the blue sky. Then a couple of seconds later rain came down as if from the sky itself. But what was really wierd about this was that the rain came down in a single thin stream as if heaven itself was leaking. The rain landed right there beside me on my grandparent's driveway. Then a few seconds later, it rained everywhere.

I'll never forget this. Strange, is it not?

*sits back down by the fire*

Gotholic said:
Anyone have any stories?

On Sunday I was cruisin' in the land yacht, when I got on the highway in the wrong direction, and ended up in another county. Moral of the story - When asking for directions, find out whether you should go north or south on the highway.

*ponders*

Well, one year as a kid we went away to see family during the christmas holidays. When we got home after new year, my mom asked me if I was going over to the neighbour to thank for the present I got for christmas. I just looked over to his house and said: "Nah. I think he's dead." My mom was like :alienhuh: and thought it was a weird thing to say.

Oh well. Turned out he passed away a couple of days earlier.

* sits by the fire*
*Ignores SnP's tallywacker*
*lears at Greenies outfit*
*laughs at Prof trying on garters*

*lights a smoke grabs a beer*

I remember hearing a story, about a night, a night very much like this. It was a good story.

Except for the part with the hook.

*leans back, to look at the stars, remembering many nights like this at camp, before innocence was lost*

*wipes away tear*

Prof, when I come to your cottage this summer (you notice I say WHEN...my new tactic is to just go about everything as though I am 100% guaranteed to get a job...I figure it'll keep me calmer when I'm having convos with potential employers) can we have a camp fire? Are they allowed in the area??

*throws a twig in the fire*
*remembers the OTC that was*
*tears up like a native american in an environmental commercial*

I get that way too, thinking about the folks lost to the currents of time. Lotta good people on the MIA list.

Is that because you were le tired?

hahaha "But I'm le tired"

"Fine, take a nap...then fire zee missiles" :rofl4:

Summer of 2006 I dunno what happened...it never happened...summer of 2007 I was crazy busy with work and was going to go in the fall, sometime after labour day...then a couple days after labour day I found out I was coming here and everything became a big whirlwind of preparations for the move...

Back