The Death of the Internet

odesa615

That was really interesting. I hadn't thought of it like that before either. I wonder if it really will happen though?

:D

I guess we'll find out one day

HeXp£Øi±

I have a bunch of email accounts with IRsoftware for daytrading purposes. One of these was getting so much junk email(like a hundred a day) that i had to temporarily shut down the email address. Three months later i turned it back on and i was still getting all those emails. That means even though IRsoftware was sending out packets to those email servers that the email address was unreachable they still kept the shit flowing. What a waste. I'm not to concerned though. Bandwidth will increase exponentially from here on out until twenty years from now we'll all have Terabit connections and have the ability to watch high quality dvd movies real time.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
it's already happening, the focus of being hooked to the Internet has changed from openess to a situation where a person has to protect their computers from everything but trusted connections. Maybe I'm totally paranoid, but I just audited my firewall configuration and setup an IDS to protect a dialup connection.