The Father, The Son, and The Holy Rabbit

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

City officials in St. Paul, Minnesota removed a toy Easter Bunny from the offices of the city council after the city's human rights director said non-Christians might be offended by the display, reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Also removed were Easter eggs and a sign saying "Happy Easter."

"I sent an e-mail that Easter is viewed as a Christian holiday and advised that it be taken down," said Tyrone Terrill, the city's human rights director. "It wasn't a big deal."

The PiPress reports that this is not the first time city hall has been embroiled in controversy over religious displays. Red poinsettias were apparently banned from the building several years ago after someone decided they were "too connected to Christianity."

**end**

Show me an Easter bunny in the Bible. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I'd have really thought that Christians should be most offended by Easter Rabbits et al.

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

City officials in St. Paul, Minnesota removed a toy Easter Bunny from the offices of the city council after the city's human rights director said non-Christians might be offended by the display, reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Also removed were Easter eggs and a sign saying "Happy Easter."

"I sent an e-mail that Easter is viewed as a Christian holiday and advised that it be taken down," said Tyrone Terrill, the city's human rights director. "It wasn't a big deal."

The PiPress reports that this is not the first time city hall has been embroiled in controversy over religious displays. Red poinsettias were apparently banned from the building several years ago after someone decided they were "too connected to Christianity."

**end**

(not to offend any terrorism survivors) I'm starting to expect the next Oklahoma Gov't building style bombing.

It is the same idiots who said "happy holidays" is somehow taking Jesus out of Christmas. Psycho ultra-fundamental Christians give a real bad name to the majority.

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

**end**

Would it count if I drew one in? Cause then I can show you one.

Note: I apologise if you were offended by that statement, and to any other Christians who may have been. I find it stupid that any holiday can be considered offensive in this day and age. I am not Christian, but celebrate your holidays. It is just time off for me. And same to any other religion: Celebrate your holiday.

Apropo of nothing but I recently had to sign a release form for my children to be photographed next to a bunny for spring pictures...methinks someones been watching too much Monty Python.

ekahs retsam said:
It is the same idiots who said "happy holidays" is somehow taking Jesus out of Christmas.

That at least has some basis in fact. Since it's illegal or possibly offensive to say Merry Christmas, it was deemed "more inclusive" to not mention the "reaon for th eseason".

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

**end**

Someone should write them a letter.

"As a devout Christian, I am writing today to thank you for your open-minded and forward-thinking decision in removing the Easter Rabbit from city hall. Easter Rabbits and chocolate have nothing whatever to do with Christianity, and I find it extremely offensive and believe that it infringes on my rights as a Christian that some anti-religion officials allow garish displays such as these."

Thank you for supporting Christians everywhere."

That'd fuck with their heads good.

Gonz said:
That at least has some basis in fact. Since it's illegal or possibly offensive to say Merry Christmas, it was deemed "more inclusive" to not mention the "reason for the season".
Note: edited for clarity. :lol::p

Which reason? The pagan holiday reasons that 90% of the celebratory paraphenalia and stories come from or the kid with the glowing head and his middle-eastern folks, Mary and Joe...

Leslie said:
Someone should write them a letter.

"As a devout Christian, I am writing today to thank you for your open-minded and forward-thinking decision in removing the Easter Rabbit from city hall. Easter Rabbits and chocolate have nothing whatever to do with Christianity, and I find it extremely offensive and believe that it infringes on my rights as a Christian that some anti-religion officials allow garish displays such as these."

Thank you for supporting Christians everywhere."

That'd fuck with their heads good.

actually, i wouldn't doubt it if they don't get many such letters. often many churches have large congregational groups write hundreds of letters saying exactly that.

"A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction."

SouthernN'Proud said:

Book of bob 2:12 and as the rock was moved from the tomb of the son of god, lo inside was filled with chocolate eggs, and teeny tiny paw prints.

the main thing that kinda pisses me off about it, is that people want to
fuck with traditions that have been celebrated for over a hundred years
for the sake of PC.
Fuck PC.
They should put "The Ten Commandments" up there now. It's legal again now ain't it?

paul_valaru said:
Book of bob 2:12 and as the rock was moved from the tomb of the son of god, lo inside was filled with chocolate eggs, and teeny tiny paw prints.

someone stole my copy of the not so holy book of bob didn't they paul :D

in other news:

it was snowing like crazy yesterday and by Sun. it is supposed to be 70ish? WTF !?!?!?!

that is like below 0 to around 21ish in less then 5 days for you backward Celcius people

ekahs retsam said:
someone stole my copy of the not so holy book of bob didn't they paul :D

in other news:

it was snowing like crazy yesterday and by Sun. it is supposed to be 70ish? WTF !?!?!?!

Book Of Bob 8:46 (and a half)

Lo when in the land of wind funnels temperture changes shall start, the end is nigh, thou shalt put thy head betwixt thy knees, and kiss thy ass goodbye.

paul_valaru said:

Lo when in the land of wind funnels temperture changes shall start, the end is nigh, thou shalt put thy head betwixt thy knees, and kiss thy ass goodbye.

:roll2: :rofl3: :roll2:

I laughed so hard somone from the next room came over to see what was so funny!

paul_valaru said:

:rofl:

Back