The historical Jesus didn't create a new religion!

chcr

Too cute for words
is juda a country?

:nerd:

(like japan... yeah... the joke failed)

Judea, and it was once. The race, ash, is the "tribes of Israel" also referred to as the jews. The religion is judaism, adherents to which are also referred to as the jews. They're both right even though they're both to pig-headedly self-righteous to admit it.

H2O boy

Another point to consider is that many theologians agree that Jesus would have been horrified by the idea of Paul bringing his message to the gentiles. He intended it for the jews.

I disagree.

John Chapter 7...

32: The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him.

33: Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.

34: Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.

35: Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

36: What manner of saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come?

37: In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38: He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39: (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

sounds like it was an open invitation to anyone.

Luke chapter 2, the part of the birth of Jesus that seldom gets read...

20: And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

21: And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

22: And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

23: (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)

24: And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

25: And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26: And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27: And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28: Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29: Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31: Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32: A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

as the last verse clearly points out Jesus came for all men, jew and gentile alike

chcr

Too cute for words
Interestingly, you may note that I didn't say "the bible says." And the version of the bible you're quoting was written by the gentiles.