The houselift

unclehobart

So I figured that since the cash drawer was already open full tilt for a new car... why not a new facelift on the house?

All of the sealing trim around anything and everything has been replaced.
Rotten wood replaced (only like 5 pieces)
Install 2 kickout flashings at certain gutters
Pressure wash entire house
Cut the stucco to a proper grade and make pretty
Grind out and fill about 20 cracks
Paint the whole mess with elastomeric paint (50+$/gal)
Repair two roof leaks
Paint one ceiling where roof leaks did their naughtiness.

That's pretty awesome unc.
I'm probably going to have to do something similar in the next year or 2.

wait until you see it after all the landscaping we are doing! i could just squeal! peony trees! calla lilies! delphiniums, liatris, gladiolas, lupines! and we are coving that bare back hill section with periwinkle!

Leslie said:
:elaugh1: LOL The car is hilarious :lol:

so how long is this all guaranteed for?
No guarantees ... just top notch products applied by pros. Paint should last at least a decade. I'm going to have to rip off the tinker toy gutters and get real ones soon too... ones that are immune to leafage ... and that one I will get a guarantee for. The roof should last for at least another 5 years. Then we can eventually start concentrating on indoor projects as soon as the kids age up out of their 'spill drink/smear gooey fingers on the walls' phase.

And when you get done with all that, unc, may I interest you in contracting to do some work on our little slice of heaven, aka Bob Vila Ran From Here Screaming?

but i think i have him talk into painting the kitchen cabinets ourselves. they're white. it's a kitchen and they're white....and having been for a few years...you know...

tonksy said:
wait until you see it after all the landscaping we are doing! i could just squeal! peony trees! calla lilies! delphiniums, liatris, gladiolas, lupines! and we are coving that bare back hill section with periwinkle!
Careful. Heinous spreader, that periwinkle. If you're attached to the neighbours they'll hate you.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And when you get done with all that, unc, may I interest you in contracting to do some work on our little slice of heaven, aka Bob Vila Ran From Here Screaming?
Just backhoe some soil over your place and call it a hobbit hole.

Leslie said:
Careful. Heinous spreader, that periwinkle. If you're attached to the neighbours they'll hate you.
precisely why the choice...we have a bald hill section. it's pretty stuff though.

Les, 3rd shot in the first post ... behind the guy in red. Thats the bare hill. It doesn't touch the neighbors in any way... in fact, there is a chasm filled with gods revenge, aka kudzu, to get past before it can get to them.

Rob!!! Fer Christ's sake, NOOOOOOO!!!!!. Get that plastic off the car. ARE YOU INSANE????? That's not a sandwich. Your paint'll be ruined.

ok...I'll allow the periwinkle. Maybe. :lloyd:

It's on Canada's Invasive Species List. And it is growing wild right here. There is a forested area beside me and it's fully overrun by periwinkle. There are trees, and periwinkle, and that's about it. No other wild growth whatsoever, down by the creek, or in any other clearings. Just periwinkle. Sad.

I see tonksy in the second shot :D

And...Prof...isn't plastic on the car better than having the car splattered the colour of th ehouse?

Nixy said:
I see tonksy in the second shot :D

And...Prof...isn't plastic on the car better than having the car splattered the colour of th ehouse?

Not really. Parking it somewhere else would be.

Back