The houselift

tonksy said:
wait until you see it after all the landscaping we are doing! i could just squeal! peony trees! calla lilies! delphiniums, liatris, gladiolas, lupines! and we are coving that bare back hill section with periwinkle!

yeesshhh I have a hard time even pronouncing half of that.

I hate gardens.

I got an old rose bush out front. I trim it one a year with the weed eater. That's enough gardening for me.

Leslie said:
I would like to know why all the grass is dead.
it's not...it'a certain type (i forget the name) that goes a little tan in the winter but is lush and thick in the spring and summer.

Its a strain of hearty zoysia. It stays fairly dense like bermuda but is way more cooperative. It goes dormant from late October to mid March.

PostCode said:
yeesshhh I have a hard time even pronouncing half of that.

Plants [plantz] As in, "Sure, we got plants." At least that's how I describe them. Dara has names for all of them, but I'm pretty sure she makes that shit up. :grinyes:

In the fall I am intimately familiar with the goldarn maple trees and their freaking leaves though.

unclehobart said:
Then we can eventually start concentrating on indoor projects as soon as the kids age up out of their 'spill drink/smear gooey fingers on the walls' phase.
:rofl:

He thinks it's a phase....

I was going to ask about that, in fact, I think I have once before. Anyway, I think I'd be changing that, any way to put french doors in place of that window, or is it a vaulted ceiling there?

I like the idea of the elastomeric paint, since it will help hide hairline cracks and stuff. How many gallons does it take to cover that place (at $50/gallon)?

PT said:
I was going to ask about that, in fact, I think I have once before. Anyway, I think I'd be changing that, any way to put french doors in place of that window, or is it a vaulted ceiling there?
if you walked through that window like it was a door you would plummet to the the ground...it leads to the open foyer :shrug:

Inkara1 said:
I like the idea of the elastomeric paint, since it will help hide hairline cracks and stuff. How many gallons does it take to cover that place (at $50/gallon)?
About $2500-$3000 worth.

Its the same guy that did my dads house... and now dad is his accountant. :D ...so he took it all back.

Theres a garage sale at dads on saturday 9-5 ... come pick up some tools and whatnot on the cheap.... lotsa books too.

Back