The houselift

Hey, how many bedrooms and bathrooms does that place have? I want to hit up relator.com and see what the equivalent out here would cost.

To clarify: 4 full baths, 1 half bath (aka toilet for the english types), hot tub, steam room, fully done basement.

Bloomin 'eck Unc! That house is booooootiful and seemingly huge!!! 4 bed?

A house like that in a street like that over here... you're talking £350,000-£450,000 on a good day maybe even 500,000 if it has an extra fith bedroom....

Just double that for your figures...

I wonder how much a real house lift involving a helicopter would set you back! ;)

Infact... scratch that... 4 ensuites and a loo... a hot tub... you'd easy hit the £550,000 - £650,000 mark... depending on the area... but that street looks well quiet... is it "rather posh?"... :D

unclehobart said:
Its the same guy that did my dads house... and now dad is his accountant. :D ...so he took it all back.

Theres a garage sale at dads on saturday 9-5 ... come pick up some tools and whatnot on the cheap.... lotsa books too.

I'll try to drift by to see your Dad, if nothing else. Just him, or that whole neighborhood?

all the houses in the neighborhood are that size but rather squished in on each other.
*not that i am dissin' da hood or anything.

Zeee finished product...

View left, view right, view back, and a shot of the wall.

The wall iron was derusted and painted.

1. Major crack between the two windows ground out and resealed... 1 piece of rotty wood replaced.

2. The two vertical wood trims on the breakfast nook window were replaced. (wood rot)

3. Several modest cracks running muckity muck around my front windows ground out and resealed.

4. The left dormer up there was one of my roof leaks. Lots of rotty wood came out of that... including two ceiling plywood sheets.

5. The leading edge piece of wood on the balconet was beyond rotten and heading into soupy mess.

1. Front door was restained and resealed.

2. A huge delaminated piece of wall just to the right of the front door was gutted and rebuilt. I can't even see the repair. Sweet job done there.

3. A huge crack and a bad repair job from a prior owner made 10 times better... although not perfect.

4. This angle cut bedroom windows' lower frame was all rotted out.

The entire house had a hideous stucco cut line that looked more like a cheap axe had been used instead of a saw. It was left as raw rock and not painted. I had the whole house recut to a clean line, banded, and painted to the earth grade.

The second photo is an area where a huge chunk (meter and a half) section had begun to massively crack and almost topple off into the yard. It was built back up and given a smooth edge ... very nice.

HomeLAN said:
Looks a little darker, but very nice.
I keep going back to the third shot in the first post to remind me of how much it did change. Its not pink anymore... and thats all that matters.

Looks good guys!

Finally found a woman so now you can pretty up the house eh?? *remembers being told the house was gonna stay essentially "carte blanche" til a woman moved in :D*

Back