The informed voter

I don't know which is scarier, that you think every black person thinks the same or that you think every black person was on TV on election day (or even that you think that they talked to every black person on line). Try to take your head out of your ass and get some fresh air, huh?

first of all i never said all of them said that, but alot of them like 75% of them said something along the lines of what was stated above. there might be a problem i was watching FOX NEWS!!!

How so, every black person in America voted for Obama just because of his skin color, they didn't even know anything about his politcal ideas.

first of all i never said all of them said that, but alot of them like 75% of them said something along the lines of what was stated above. there might be a problem i was watching FOX NEWS!!!

Sorry, but you gave the clear impression that you think all blacks voted for Obama (not true), and for the reasons you stated. Pretty denigrating of blacks in general if you really believe that, don't you think? I have no patience whatsoever with bigots.

Sorry, but you gave the clear impression that you think all blacks voted for Obama (not true), and for the reasons you stated. Pretty denigrating of blacks in general if you really believe that, don't you think? I have no patience whatsoever with bigots.

Damn you got me there, i really didn't think that you were oing to look back and see that, well i know what i saw and they believe the "change" will come if they voted for them.

Damn you got me there, i really didn't think that you were oing to look back and see that, well i know what i saw and they believe the "change" will come if they voted for them.

Since blacks make up less than 15% of the population, it seems that more than a few white folks thought the same thing. It's not the blacks that elected Obama. It's kind of stupid to say "the blacks" believe something when it's pretty obvious that a) not all blacks do and b) a lot of non-blacks believe it as well. :shrug: I'm sure that's what you saw, but it's important to remember that the "media" only shows a microcosm of what's really going on and it's colored by their own perceptions and agenda. In other words, don't fall into the trap of believing everything you see on the "news."

Since blacks make up less than 15% of the population, it seems that more than a few white folks thought the same thing. It's not the blacks that elected Obama. It's kind of stupid to say "the blacks" believe something when it's pretty obvious that a) not all blacks do and b) a lot of non-blacks believe it as well. :shrug: I'm sure that's what you saw, but it's important to remember that the "media" only shows a microcosm of what's really going on and it's colored by their own perceptions and agenda. In other words, don't fall into the trap of believing everything you see on the "news."

Yes that is what i saw, and i guess i under estimated the amout of people that voted that way. i tried to go back and watch the clip but it would never load, so i really cannot so anybody as proof, but not to be racist or anything but they did think that Obama can help them in some way.

but... the vast majority of african americans did vote for obama. and as a voting block they DID make the difference in pushing obama over the top, as more white voters voted for the grumpy/barbie ticket.

but... the vast majority of african americans did vote for obama. and as a voting block they DID make the difference in pushing obama over the top, as more white voters voted for the grumpy/barbie ticket.

that wasn't the argument CHCR was referring to. GC continues to say "every black person" did this and "every black person" thinks that .. obvious fallacious statements and generalizations.

Yes, but the black voters alone can't elect anybody.

that wasn't the argument CHCR was referring to. GC continues to say "every black person" did this and "every black person" thinks that .. obvious fallacious statements and generalizations.

right. but sloppy language usage and subsequent language policing do nothing to diminish the fact that african americans did play a major role in getting obama into office. let's just say it was a point beside the point, ummkay?

And they, as well as Hispanics, are being blamed for the Prop. 8 success in CA.

That is true, but every black person thinks that since Obama is black that he somehow knows what they went through and that he can help them somehow.

Gee. Thanks for letting me know how I voted in such a logical and succinct manner. Why...I just don't know how I'd get along without views like yours. What would you like me to do next? Pick cotton, or shine your shoes. I've given you more than enough chances to actually come up with an intelligent conversation that doesn't resort to baiting, and you've yet to rise to the occasion. Frankly, I don't know who's worse...you, for drivel like that, or spike because he's spike.

Hate to burst your bubble, but quite a few whites voted for Obama as well. I ought to know...I argue(d) with them more often than I argued with anyone else. I also know of more than a few who thought that Colin Powell would be a better choice, but wouldn't write him in because they'd always heard that doing so was a 'waste'. Kinda nice to see how the brainwashing actually works innit?

Back