The man in black fled across the desert

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He has not yet started this book and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months before he is able to begin writing it.

I wonder if he remembers what spontaneity was as a writer?

He could easily write a dozen books about the Tower...even about Rolands adventures. The 7-book series was, in book time, only about 8 months from the desert to the desert.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I wonder if he remembers what spontaneity was as a writer?

He could easily write a dozen books about the Tower...even about Rolands adventures. The 7-book series was, in book time, only about 8 months from the desert to the desert.

I think he tends to plan things out, remember he had the roland idea way back before he was an established writer.

If they where just thrown out there, they would be about sparkly vampires or some shit like that.

Altron

There's so much interesting stuff that happened at other times in the Dark Tower story that we don't hear about.

We learn a little of his childhood, and when he was out at that place with Susan. He returns from that, and the next scene is Jericho Hill, like a few years later. Then, after that, the next scene is him chasing the man in black across the desert.

He could probably write a full novel about the fall of gilead leading up to jericho hill (it's very important, it sets him up for his quest, and we only get a 3 page summary of what happened). We know the gist of it, but how did it get to that? How did Roland survive?

And there's probably a dozen novels' worth of material between roland beginning his quest, and him reaching Tull.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
There's so much interesting stuff that happened at other times in the Dark Tower story that we don't hear about.

We learn a little of his childhood, and when he was out at that place with Susan. He returns from that, and the next scene is Jericho Hill, like a few years later. Then, after that, the next scene is him chasing the man in black across the desert.

He could probably write a full novel about the fall of gilead leading up to jericho hill (it's very important, it sets him up for his quest, and we only get a 3 page summary of what happened). We know the gist of it, but how did it get to that? How did Roland survive?

And there's probably a dozen novels' worth of material between roland beginning his quest, and him reaching Tull.

I think the fall of gilead was covered in a graphic novel

Altron

yeah, but come on, "graphic novel" is just what adults call their comic books so they seem more sophisticated. I'd much rather read about it in a Stephen King novel than in a comic book.