the spreadables....

• Vegemite (the best)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Marmite (road tar)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
seriously! I've only ever heard reference to kibble with regards to cat food :laugh:

Ya learn somethin new every day lol

I've been eating health food for 30 years and have a nutritionist psycho mother... and I've never heard of kibbled bread. It must come under a different name here.

(The main differences between Marmite and Vegemite are that the latter is YEUK

A little education for the uninformed...heh...for all those who DON'T know what they're missing....

Sanitarium website:
"Marmite
Marmite is New Zealand’s original yeast spread that’s been long valued as an excellent source of B complex vitamins, folate and vitamin B12. It’s the original yeast spread with iron. Try Marmite with avocado on hot toast, bread or crackers. And for a tasty addition, add Marmite to stir-fries, pasta and soups"

INGREDIENTS:
Marmite: (Sanatarium Health Food Company, NZ)
Yeast, sugar, salt, wheatgerm extract, mineral salt (508) colour(caramel), herbs, spices, vitamins (niacin, thiamin, riboflavin)

*( :D

MAAAAAAAARMITE on vogels toast all the way: I spread it THICK yum yum Kiwi bread: kiwi spread. mmmmmmmmm BOP you know what I mean ;)

unclehobart said:
I've been eating health food for 30 years and have a nutritionist psycho mother... and I've never heard of kibbled bread. It must come under a different name here.
Well, it's just a course rye bread. Hence "kibbled". It's not quite a brown bread, more like a mixed grain. And it's really chewy, and slightly sour.

BeardofPants said:
*sigh* You furriners are just clueless.

Proper application of Marmite:

It MUST go on vogel's bread, or some other kibbled "swiss" style bread.
The bread must be well-toated, to slightly burnt.
Liberal with the butter! Toast must be dripping wet....
Now... application of marmite - it's not feckin' honey... you don't smear it on. Just a nice light coating will do...

Eat, enjoy. :drool:

Vogels? Vogels? Vogels?
And you call yourself a kiwi?? How can you waste a perfectly great tasting bread on Marmite???
Vogels is and will always be the sole domain of Peanut butter, lightly toasted, melted butter, and a healthy dosage of peanut butter! Perfect for those lazy sunday mornings when you're lying in bed with your partner.

Bloody hell, how much more kiwi can you get puttin' marmite on vogels?! Peanut butter, indeed?! How treacherously traitorous! :grumpy:

BeardofPants said:
*sigh* You furriners are just clueless.

Proper application of Marmite:

It MUST go on vogel's bread, or some other kibbled "swiss" style bread.
The bread must be well-toated, to slightly burnt.
Liberal with the butter! Toast must be dripping wet....
Now... application of marmite - it's not feckin' honey... you don't smear it on. Just a nice light coating will do...

Eat, enjoy. :drool:
You certainly know how to eat your marmite *drools*

I'm a marmite person, vegimite makes me gag. Bovril is nice if you mix it with warm water and make it into a drink instead of a spread.

ClaireBear said:
Eeeewe!

Marmite and/or vegimite... its just not right! *shudder*

I'm a lemon curd girl me!
oh oh! dilute it with water and drizzle it on pound cake! lemon curd is the shit!

tonksy said:
oh oh! dilute it with water and drizzle it on pound cake! lemon curd is the shit!

Or....

Use it as a filler for a lemon mirangue torte!!!!!!!!!!

Or just plain and simple... spread thickly over warm extra thick wholemeal toast or a (British style savoury) breakfast muffin!

ClaireBear said:
Eeeewe!

Marmite and/or vegimite... its just not right! *shudder*

Yeah, some people will put darned near anything in their mouths, huh?

:hmm: You're right, you know...Perhaps I can start a factory making ground peat, and call it Mightbeveg...;)

Back