Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Pop up Ads/Spam

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

AnomalousEntity

tonks said:
pager. not as useful as a cell phone, but just as annoying...

I disagree. Yes the beeping is on the same level as cell phones but when someone gets paged they GET UP AND LEAVE TO GO TO A PHONE.

When someone gets a cell phone they ANSWER IT AND TALK ABOUT THEIR STUPD ASS DAY THAT NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT.

Honestly, do I need to hear about how shaquita hooked up wit jerome at the stomp, while Im standing in line to get some groceries?

Is that information SO IMPORTANT that it cant wait until Sharhonda gets home to make a call? Is the world going to stop spinning if she doesnt hear about it in the grocery line or worse yet...IN A RESTAURANT OR MOVIE THEATER?

Ill just have to politely disagree on the pager issue.

tonksy

AnomalousEntity said:
I disagree. Yes the beeping is on the same level as cell phones but when someone gets paged they GET UP AND LEAVE TO GO TO A PHONE.

When someone gets a cell phone they ANSWER IT AND TALK ABOUT THEIR STUPD ASS DAY THAT NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT.

Honestly, do I need to hear about how shaquita hooked up wit jerome at the stomp, while Im standing in line to get some groceries?

Is that information SO IMPORTANT that it cant wait until Sharhonda gets home to make a call? Is the world going to stop spinning if she doesnt hear about it in the grocery line or worse yet...IN A RESTAURANT OR MOVIE THEATER?

Ill just have to politely disagree on the pager issue.

yeah but at least you don't have to stop what you are doing look for a phone etc. if it is a valid reason for a call. i really don't care to talk on the phone when i'm out. i talk on the phone when i'm bored and no one is online.
the electric can opener is a piece of shit, too. rather a manual one.

Aunty Em

tonks said:
the electric can opener is a piece of shit, too. rather a manual one.

Yeah, but have you noticed how the manual ones stop working properly after about 30 days...

BlurOfSerenity

i voted for "all of the above", because i think SUV's and pop-ups/spam suck... but i like cell phones, and i dont know what the fuck segway is, lol.

tonksy

Aunty Em said:
Yeah, but have you noticed how the manual ones stop working properly after about 30 days...
exactly!!!
but the electric ones are just as much hassle.

CS

There's nothing wrong with Mobile phones, it's only annoying when people shout at them, however you can hear much better with newer ones, so it's less of a problem these days. I don't have a problem at all with text messaging.

Never seen a Sedgeway! I can imagine they would be annoying though, kind of like little skater kids :mad:. They do look incredibly stupid however.

SUVs aren't *that* common here in England, maybe not europe either, so I don't have a problem with those, cars seem to be much smaller here, and a bit more sensible. I can really see why you get pissed off with them though, I can just imagine the whole 'fuck off, I own this road, my car's bigger than yours' bullshit.

Oh and as for spam... GRR.

CS

AuntyEm said:

You need a bad-ass one with a big toothed gear, the plastic handled ones are plain useless.

Aunty Em

CS said:
SUVs aren't *that* common here in England, maybe not europe either, so I don't have a problem with those, cars seem to be much smaller here, and a bit more sensible. I can really see why you get pissed off with them though, I can just imagine the whole 'fuck off, I own this road, my car's bigger than yours' bullshit.
My brother is learning to drive but can't get in one of those silly little cars they teach you in over here (6'10" tall - brick shithouse... ) so he's had to hire a guy to sit in his wifes SUV and teach him... I wonder how he's gonna manage the parallel parking though! :eek: :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
Aunty Em said:
What CS said. go to a gourmet kitchen boutique and buy a really good one. It's still cheaper than an electric, and my latest one is ten years old and still works great.

When I first saw the Segway, I thought to myself, okay, take the fattest, laziest society in the world, then fix it so they don't have to walk anywhere. Yeah, this guy is definitely a genius (I have to admit the wheelchair is cool, to bad you have to be a millionaire cripple to have one).

P.S. I can parallel park an suv.

Aunty Em

I've bought cheap ones, I've bought middling ones and I've bought expensive ones... they always go wrong on me...

... maybe they just don't like me? Maybe it's a conspiracy just to piss me off?... :(

Aunty Em

chcr said:
P.S. I can parallel park an suv.
On a british road in a british parking space... I don't think so! :eek2:

You haven't seen just how small our roads can be have you??? Especially the backstreets they like to teach you in... :lol:

I can't imagine how he'll get through his "turn in the road" - was the 3-point turn... 40-point in his case probably...

chcr

Too cute for words
... maybe they just don't like me? Maybe it's a conspiracy just to piss me off?... :(

I certainly notice a lot of those directed at myself. :D

I'll look at what brand it is when I get home.

chcr

Too cute for words
On a british road in a british parking space... I don't think so! :eek2:
Can't think of a convenient way to prove it, but I'm really good at parallel parking, and I used to always drive a big van.

Rose

I've an electric canopener (under the shelf kind, built in digital clock and timer) and it does me pretty well.

But I HATE spam. I hate advertising, really. Not 'good' advertising, where some thought went into it and you know what the product is. But pointless in-your-face advertising and popups. HATE.

Aunty Em

I don't know if you saw the photo of my road I posted the other day, but that is very wide for round here. The roads in "New Town" are about 18' from curb to curb and I clipped my wing mirror squeezing past the parked cars the other day and my car is small - 69.6 inches wide by 146.8 inches long to be precise.

Dave

all the above.
although i save all my best expletive laced tirades for SUV's and their idiot drivers. especially ones talking on their cell phones.