Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Pop up Ads/Spam

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

AnomalousEntity

tonks said:
yeah but at least you don't have to stop what you are doing look for a phone etc. if it is a valid reason for a call. i really don't care to talk on the phone when i'm out. i talk on the phone when i'm bored and no one is online.
the electric can opener is a piece of shit, too. rather a manual one.

Sorry for the delayed response but now days they have these things called two way pagers. It flips open and it has a little keyboard. You dont have to pull over or go look for a phone. Its quiet, private, convienent, just dont do it while your driving because thats just as bad as trying to dial a phone number while driving.

I find that I cant respond with one to two 10 word or so sentences in less time than it takes a traffic light to cycle though, then Im back off and focused on the road.

tonksy

AnomalousEntity said:
Sorry for the delayed response but now days they have these things called two way pagers. It flips open and it has a little keyboard. You dont have to pull over or go look for a phone. Its quiet, private, convienent, just dont do it while your driving because thats just as bad as trying to dial a phone number while driving.

I find that I cant respond with one to two 10 word or so sentences in less time than it takes a traffic light to cycle though, then Im back off and focused on the road.
my god, what will they think of next? i am so behind the times....

tonksy

Aunty Em said:
Cell phones aren't annoying... if you don't give out your number... like me... :D
my husband put his cell phone number in the rolodex at the restaurant and the inept bastards call all night with questions. i'm talking 2-3 am. for some reason, that fact that they call the cell phone number hacks me off more, i guess cuz of the minutes....i'm a cheapo.

Aunty Em

Only 4 people have my number in case of emergencies... e.g. the house just burned down...

Seriously, I use it for getting in touch with people when I need to, not the other way around. :)

AnomalousEntity

tonks said:
my god, what will they think of next? i am so behind the times....
You can get one free (with mail in rebate) Here

And you dont even need a computer any more to get your email. You can just have people send you an email to (your name)@airmail.com and it comes to your pager...so its like email in your pocket.
Then you can respond and it goes directly back to that persons email. It also works with anyone who has text messaging on their cellular phone or another 2 way pager user. Most newer pagers can recieve text messages also they just cant respond anywhere anytime they want.

You can also get everything from Dave lettermans top 10, to news, stocks, weather, Fedex shipping tracking, driving directions, movies, restaurants locations, even Bill Gates value in real time on your wireless 2 way pager here

If your out of range you dont get that annoying "no service message" like you do with a cell phone, it simply waits till your in service and then you get the page. Same thing for when your sending. It also gives you a voice mail account so that people who dont have a wireless messaging device can still reach you. They simply call your pager number and follow the prompts to leave you a vm. (or enter a numeric page using a touch tone key pad). After they leave it, the 2 way beeps you to let you know you have a vm (or displays the numeric #) To check it though you do need a phone.

SexyBoo

AnomalousEntity said:

2 way pager = Modern day spouse shackles. :whip:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonks said:
for some reason, that fact that they call the cell phone number hacks me off more, i guess cuz of the minutes....i'm a cheapo.

do you get charged for the incoming calls? :confuse3: :eek:

tonksy

Luis G said:
do you get charged for the incoming calls? :confuse3: :eek:
you bet. we get like 1300 anytime minutes and then we pay extra, if my husband could have a short conversion there'd be no worries though. actually, he is getting better about this.

AlphaTroll

tonks said:
you bet. we get like 1300 anytime minutes and then we pay extra, if my husband could have a short conversion there'd be no worries though. actually, he is getting better about this.

That's weird! I don't pay for other people phoning me on my cell - gods, that's screwed up.

I get free minutes too, but not as much as 1300 - which is fine 'cos I'm not a very phone-chatty type of person (except when I'm pissed outa my tree & decide to phone all my mates in England). I use the sms function more, but with my contract I get 400 sms's free per month too, so at the end all I'm really paying for is subscription and insurance.

BTW - I don't think cellphones are the most annoying invention, I use mine for sending faxes & e-mails and browsing the net and taking photo's etc. It's the fact that little annoying brats have them & absolutely MUST use that 'I'm such a cool little snotty cow' voice when using them that irritates the shit outa me.

AnomalousEntity

SexyBoo said:
2 way pager = Modern day spouse shackles. :whip:

Im disinclined to agree. Its much less restrictive than a cell phone and since I plan on using it for work, I still only have to keep track of one thing on my hip instead of 2. Plus lots of places of work (like hospitals and grocery stores and customer service and or retail type jobs) dont allow you to wear and use a cell phone inside most of the areas, but this usually does not apply to pagers.

SexyBoo

AnomalousEntity said:
Im disinclined to agree. Its much less restrictive than a cell phone and since I plan on using it for work, I still only have to keep track of one thing on my hip instead of 2. Plus lots of places of work (like hospitals and grocery stores and customer service and or retail type jobs) dont allow you to wear and use a cell phone inside most of the areas, but this usually does not apply to pagers.
My point exactly. No excuses that you had to have the pager turned off, ringer off, etc. like is possible with a cell phone. :D

Roxy

I hate all those stupid prodcuts that come out on all those infomercials. It's like....why the hell do I need some kind of gizmo to do something, that isn't so hard to do? Why the hell do I need a Turbie Twist when I can just tuck the damn front corner of the fscking towel to the back of the damn towel/back of my head??!!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
the most annoying (and amusing) invention ever is the turd twister. :D