The new bigotry

flavio said:
Prof talks about the PC police like it's "end of civilisation " what if we went back to the way the Klan used to be? Wouldn't that be far more alarming? Must be things are getting better.

The Klan used to be a very small and fringe element in society. The PC police are becoming a very large portion, and their behavior is still moronic and destructive. I wouldn't call it a move to the better.

Plus, what the Klan does is illegal. The police can be brought in to put a stop to their activity. With the PC police, all we can do is bend over and take it and pray they at least use K-Y.

flavio said:
Prof talks about the PC police like it's "end of civilisation " what if we went back to the way the Klan used to be? Wouldn't that be far more alarming? Must be things are getting better.
I'm gonna ask...

No I'm not.

Yeah, I am too. Glutton for punishment that I am, with the help of God above, I'm gonna ask.

*deep breath*

Just exactly how many Klan members do you personally know?

flavio said:

PC police is the end of civilization, no doubt. I'd rather have racist, nazi, femminist, chauvinist and all those types of people instead of the offended crowd.

Luis G said:
PC police is the end of civilization, no doubt. I'd rather have racist, nazi, femminist, chauvinist and all those types of people instead of the offended crowd.
Sure, let's bring back the Nazi's and slavery....as long as IKEA isn't inconvenienced.

flavio said:
Sure, let's bring back the Nazi's and slavery....as long as IKEA isn't inconvenienced.

Here's the flaw in your argument...

Hurt feelings are not the same as Nazi's and slavery. IKEA printed their manual so as not to offend Muslims, and have instead offended women. While this may seem a minor annoyance to you, it's a major annoyance to the offended group. That's the curse of 'PC'. No matter which way they would've printed their manual, somebody would've been offended. Please tell me that you think they should print different manuals for every group...please...so I can point at you and laugh.

If you'd like to see the folly of that above statement, go out and search for a California Drivers test in Mandarin Chinese...Hell...pick any language you like...and see where PC has gotten state governments, and your taxes.

flavio said:

:lol: As long as the PC people are the ones to exterminate, it's fine with me ;)

SouthernN'Proud said:
*loves it when the direct questions get conveniently ignored*

I know one, personally. There may be others of his ilk around, but, at least with him, I know what I'm dealing with, and can adjust accordingly. It's those bastards who treat you like a buddy while looking for the best spot to knife you in the back that are the problem...

Gato_Solo said:
Here's the flaw in your argument...

Hurt feelings are not the same as Nazi's and slavery. IKEA printed their manual so as not to offend Muslims, and have instead offended women. While this may seem a minor annoyance to you, it's a major annoyance to the offended group. That's the curse of 'PC'. No matter which way they would've printed their manual, somebody would've been offended. Please tell me that you think they should print different manuals for every group...please...so I can point at you and laugh.

If you'd like to see the folly of that above statement, go out and search for a California Drivers test in Mandarin Chinese...Hell...pick any language you like...and see where PC has gotten state governments, and your taxes.
I think you missed my point entirely, here it is again....

The PC police certainly goes to far sometimes but I think it's pretty funny that the article describes it as "Perhaps the most disturbing bigotry on display in today’s world".

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm gonna ask...

No I'm not.

Yeah, I am too. Glutton for punishment that I am, with the help of God above, I'm gonna ask.

*deep breath*

Just exactly how many Klan members do you personally know?
Don't know, they don't go around advertising their affiliation all the time (I think that's the point of the white sheets). How many do you know?

How many blacks, latinos, gays, lesbians, and muslims do you personally know? ....and what does any of this have to do wiith the point here?

flavio said:
I think you missed my point entirely, here it is again....

The PC police certainly goes to far sometimes but I think it's pretty funny that the article describes it as "Perhaps the most disturbing bigotry on display in today’s world".

No I got yours, and you seem to be confused. I've put the meat of the sentence in bold, just so you know where they are coming from...

Gato_Solo said:
No I got yours, and you seem to be confused. I've put the meat of the sentence in bold, just so you know where they are coming from...
Ok, todays world still has plenty of racism, gay bashing, hate crimes, murders based on these things, and even recent attempts at ethnic cleansing.

flavio said:
Ok, todays world still has plenty of racism, gay bashing, hate crimes, murders based on these things, and even recent attempts at ethnic cleansing.

But the entire article was about a corporation being lambasted for being sexist instead of racist. And guess what...it's all because of 'PC'.

The only reason this came about was the fear that somebody would be offended, so they chose a route they thought was inoffensive. Now a totally different group is offended. Naziism, slavery, ethnic cleansing, and gay bashing are bad, but those acts are illegal in most of the world, even if they are not heavily enforced. 'PC' is not illegal, and is, in fact, encouraged. If you can't see how this insidious attempt at eliminating diversity is going, then I feel sorry for you. The PC crowd preaches the total opposite of it's actions.

flavio said:

flavio said:
Don't know, they don't go around advertising their affiliation all the time (I think that's the point of the white sheets). How many do you know?

Several.

flavio said:
How many blacks, latinos, gays, lesbians, and muslims do you personally know? ....and what does any of this have to do wiith the point here?

Several more of each.

What is has to do is this. Y'all keep blathering on about things you know nothing about, dropping cute little catch phrases like Klan killings. You're simply showing your own ignorance.

To intelligently discuss something with an adult, you need to know something of which you speak. Hence, to glibly sit and type of the Klan, it might help to know something about the Klan. If you knew anything about it, your story would change.

Before anyone starts jerking knees out of their sockets, I'll say it yet again. I do not support one single idea the KKK espouses. It is a despicable organization filled with deplorable excuses for humanity.

But to watch people who have no real knowledge about it try and discuss it...well, laughable.

Carry on. It's entertaining as hell.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Several.

Several more of each.

What is has to do is this. Y'all keep blathering on about things you know nothing about, dropping cute little catch phrases like Klan killings. You're simply showing your own ignorance.

To intelligently discuss something with an adult, you need to know something of which you speak. Hence, to glibly sit and type of the Klan, it might help to know something about the Klan. If you knew anything about it, your story would change.

Before anyone starts jerking knees out of their sockets, I'll say it yet again. I do not support one single idea the KKK espouses. It is a despicable organization filled with deplorable excuses for humanity.

But to watch people who have no real knowledge about it try and discuss it...well, laughable.

Carry on. It's entertaining as hell.
I merely mentioned Klan killings as one of a series of examples of bigotry that would be more alarming. Please enlighten me MR. Klan Expert were I was factually inadequate?

Back