The whole family went camping ...

My mom had 9 sibilings. All except her and my uncle have significant others, I have 1 brother and 12 cousins. One of my cousins is married with two children, another has a live in girlfriend and another has one child.

There are 36 and my generation is just beginning to have children! Imagine when we ALL have children! :eek:

Shadowfax said:
Don't they sell condoms in the US or something? :D

Or are Dutch people just not humping enough.. :confuse3:

it's a Hawaiian thing ;) .. we totally believe in procreation ...

Shadowfax said:
Don't they sell condoms in the US or something? :D

Or are Dutch people just not humping enough.. :confuse3:

Contraception isn't a new thing in the US, but I do live in the south where large families are something of a tradition. I had one aunt who had eight children, and all but the last one were on purpose. My youngest sister was born because my mom took birth control advice from this particular aunt, but the first four of us were intentional.

Jan and I are very non-traditional, though, and we fully intend to stop with the two we have. It's either that, or we're going to have to add another wife to the family so I can get some more help with these young'uns. ;) :)

Big families are important ... you need 1 kid to pull babysitting duty, 1 kid to pull kitchen duty, 1 kid to pull trash duty, 1 kid to pull general household cleaning duty, 1 kid to pull yard duty, 1 kid to work and bring in money, ... :D

Back