There's a Cross in the Middle of a Desert....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerise

.....covered in plywood because nothing bothers the left worse than the presence of a cross.

mojave-desert-cross-021.jpg

It's just a simple cross, really. But they quickly and conveniently forget the men and women who have served to protect the very freedom which now allows them to attack this nation from within.

mojave-desert-cross1.jpg

Voters Seeing Red Over ACLU Attack

The object at the center of the case is a small, unadorned cross sitting in a remote part of the Mojave Desert Preserve in Southeast California. A veterans' group erected this memorial cross on private land in 1934 to honor the dead of all wars.

If the Supreme Court does not overturn the appeals court, religious symbols that have graced monuments for many decades may become a thing of the past. Memorials to military veterans, police officers, firefighters, and other heroes will be whitewashed, covered up, or torn out to appease the politically correct agenda of intolerant extremists.

Veterans are being asked to surrender to the thin-skinned sensitivity of an individual who has managed to be offended by a small memorial, literally in the middle of a desert. Is this truly an offense worthy of a lawsuit? Apparently, the fanatical agenda of the ACLU to expunge religious symbols has really come this far, and now the Supreme Court has the opportunity to weigh in.

One person's offense should not diminish the sacrifice made by America's heroes and their families. Why would we not wish to allow the men and women who have served and defended this nation to choose how they wish to honor their dead? Even if old soldiers "fade away," their memory should not.

Back Story: 9th Circuit Agrees 'War Memorial' Violates Separation of Church and State

Cross covered, but desert residents keep Easter

That is BULLSHIT, leave the fucking cross alone!

Fuck now atheism is a religion? Respect the rights of all religions! Yes Cerise EVEN Islam!

I never cease to be amazed at how people are affected by something that means nothing to them.

Maybe I'll go touring government offices today that I have no business in. Then I can call the ACLU and tell them all that offends me so I can get on it.

The ACLU is a wacky organization. Sometimes they are on the money and needed to serve a purpose for protecting people's rights. Sometimes they are straight up wacky and just shit stirrers!

I'd suggest a trip to the ACLU office to complain about the colour of the paint on their walls.

I do what to know what the fuck voters have to do with it?!? I went to Cerise's propaganda site, but the popups attacked so I left. Also it was clear it wasn't anything but a blog written by some madman. The ACLU doesn't get voted on. Who elected them for anything?

Someone can't take the fact that somewhere in the desert a cross stands.

I wonder if the ACLU acts on any complaints about the Crescent and Star symbol?

Next thing you know, someone will want "In God We Trust" taken off the US currency.......oh wait.

Christianity = bad

It's beginning to look a lot like X-mas.

I think the title was meant to say "veterans" not "voters."

And a case being argued in the Supreme Court Wednesday has veterans seeing red, white, and blue-but mostly red.

6 out of 9 of the Supreme court judges are 'conservative' - if it rules in favor of removing the cross...you have only the cons to blame :D

Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito = right leaning

Stevens, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kennedy, Sotomayor = left leaning

Townhall dot com?? :rolleyes:

I never get popups with Firefox. :shrug:

Yeah I am using Firefox, I think it was a nag screen asking me if I want to subscribe, in any case it took me about 2 seconds to realize it's just throwing the word "voters" out because they are drama queens!

Or maybe a typo like you suggest....

the problem with allowing religious stuff is you gotta allow none, or all.

I am all for the cross, and star of david, and the cresent moon.

A dinky single cross in the middle of the desert? Pfft. Amateurs. They might as well be mile markers 'round here.

I had a long day today.

A veterans' group erected this memorial cross on private land

Where's the problem? Whoever covered the cross could have been shot for trespassing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back