This gripes the shit outta me

We've replaced 27 video cards in the Dell Optiplex GX110's in the past year. They're all the exact same card and I don't hold Dell responsible for that, I hold the video card manufacturer responsible. Other than that, and sometimes getting retards on the phone when I call for a replacement part, I don't have a problem with them.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Benjamin Curtis, better known as the "Dell Dude" from the computer company's television commercials, was released from jail Monday after being arrested on Manhattan's Lower East Side on suspicion of trying to buy marijuana.

Dude, your goin to jail. I wonder if he worked on any Dell computers while he was in jail?

greenfreak said:
We've replaced 27 video cards in the Dell Optiplex GX110's in the past year. They're all the exact same card and I don't hold Dell responsible for that, I hold the video card manufacturer responsible. Other than that, and sometimes getting retards on the phone when I call for a replacement part, I don't have a problem with them.

I've replaced four floppy drives, two psu's, one motherboard, and six hard drives in this one lab of twenty GX110's (600MHz machines). The lab next door (GX110 1GHz)I've hardly touched. Seems to be this batch. They're almost all doing the same thing: Sometimes they lock up while being used, and upon reboot won't detect the hard drive. Turn it off, wait a day or so, and it'll work. I've replaced the hard drive and it stops doing it. Replaced the motherboard in another machine, and it stopped doing it. Replaced the PSU in another machine and it stopped doing it. Replaced the memory in another machine, and it stopped doing it. I don't get it...one or more of the replacements *shouldn't* work. Within a week, all of the repaired computers develop the same problems again.

All of these repairs have been within the past four or five months.

alex said:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Benjamin Curtis, better known as the "Dell Dude" from the computer company's television commercials, was released from jail Monday after being arrested on Manhattan's Lower East Side on suspicion of trying to buy marijuana.

Dude, your goin to jail. I wonder if he worked on any Dell computers while he was in jail?

DUDE! YOU'RE GETTING A CELL!

Back