This is fugly

Jeslek

Banned
The font is too big, the typing font is too small, and "color" in font color is spelled wrong now. Please change it back.

view font seems ok now [thanks fury], i'm used to small fonts [high res screen].

as for colour, i consider it to be right for the first time in ages, and i wasn't moaning before ;)

I don't think this is the final layout though...:D

I'd say, give fury some time, and then we can complain afterwards :D
It takes a lot of time to customize a BB..more than you'd say...
Believe me, I know...

okie dokie, I will give some time, but please, fury, please for the love of heaven and earth, peace and war, good and evil, me and ris, fix the spelling of color. :bgpimp:

go to your profile and edit it from there.

On the other hand, in here we use dd/mm/yyyy, i have no problems with that.

Are there more countries than just the US and England who use month/day instead of day/month?

It's just as annoying as the metric vs english system...really confuses people..

If somebody types 04/03 I have no idea if they mean April 3rd or March 4th...great when ordering something :D

I have the dd/mm/yyyy setting in my profile........

all dates look ok to me. :D

so the board is set to british english now. as i said, you didn't see us moaning about all the 'inaccuracies' with the old software ;)

get over it :p :D

Shadowfax said:
Are there more countries than just the US and England who use month/day instead of day/month?

It's just as annoying as the metric vs english system...really confuses people..

If somebody types 04/03 I have no idea if they mean April 3rd or March 4th...great when ordering something :D

Whenever i type 4/03/2002 you can be sure i mean 4 march.

However, i don't use the number scheme, most of the time is write dates like this: 4/Mar/2002

shadowfax, the english/british don't use month/day, we use day/month/year, like you.
and we're metric now, imperial is only used in the us too...;)

it's just the americans again :D

USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand are English speaking countries that use Month Day, Year.

Japan, China, Israel are included in the list of non-English countries that use this form.

My settings are set to Month Day, Year, but half the stuff still appears incorrectly. WTF is going on?

ris and LL, didn't know that :)

Nice to see you guys are normal now too :D

Oh, and I just saw on the news that England is legalizing marihuana too, just like us here in The Netherlands. Guess things are turning out right after all for you out there :D

The font is too big, the typing font is too small, and "color" in font color is spelled wrong now. Please change it back.

Feel free to fix it up. All you'll need to do is make it so that the font sizes are normal in Netscape 4, IE, and all browsers which are compliant with CSS at the same time.

Perhaps you'd like a look at the original files? First I'll attach the main CSS file which determines all the colors and stuff, and then I'll attach the imported style which fixes the sizes as best as possible so that the site can be viewed in IE, Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror, and many other browsers while allowing scalable text sizes.

:headbang:

Attachment(s):

otc.css, 3.00kb

Click here to download the attachment

formie.css, 3.03kb

Click here to download the attachment

AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Why do you make things so hard for yourself? How can you find anything in that CSS for OTC?? Or was that the original one? Sure hope not!
Why not use the same method as used in the first CSS? Makes things more easy in the first place :)

No way you can browse easily through that file this way...

Oh, and I'll try to make a usefull contribution as soon as possible :)
Have done the same thing for a forum I once put up just for fun...

LastLegionary said:
This place is getting fucked up!!!!!! Fix the dates! It is MONTH DAY, YEAR.
It is by default set to "D M d, Y g:i a"

If you would like a different date format, go to your profile and change the Date format option to whichever you prefer

You can find a list of date codes here

Here's some example date formats:

n/j/y g:i a - Number of Month*/Day*/2-digit year 12-Hour*:Minutes AM/PM - example: 1/6/02 9:15 am
M.d.Y, H:i - Name of Month.Day.4-digit year, 24-Hour:Minutes - example: Jan.06.2002 09:15
B - Swatch Internet Time - try at your own risk :eek:

* = No leading zeroes (e.g. 1 as opposed to 01)

Lemme know the date format you want and I'll make one for you if the link is too confusing.

Shadowfax said:
AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Why do you make things so hard for yourself? How can you find anything in that CSS for OTC?? Or was that the original one? Sure hope not!
I made it that way because I hate scrolling through it to find what I want.
Why not use the same method as used in the first CSS? Makes things more easy in the first place :)
Breaks font size scaling
No way you can browse easily through that file this way...
Yuh-huh :p

Back