This is only a test

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Unidentified lake in South Carolina I think from a trail whose name I disremember in North Carolina. I was gettin' pretty bushed by this time.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Great pics!!!

Just out of curiosity, what's the altitude where you live? I assume 5128ft asl is quite high for you.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Altitude at the house is around 2500, maybe a hair under. But I live at the base of a mountain.

Gato...I honestly do not know. I know we drove out of Cashiers NC and into SC long enough to make a turn, then back up the hill where it was NC again. I'd never been there before, we took an indirect route to get there, and I wasn't driving the day we went to where that picture was taken. All I know is, it's pretty as all gitout.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
And if I walk up to the top of the hill across the road, I'm over 4500. Plus I share it with a few million fewer people than you. :kiss:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I can drive just over an hour and be 4500ft (Town of Banff)

A few million less?! You have a NEGATIVE population?! :lol: The population in Calgary is less than 1,100,000 and the city is 280 sq miles.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That's about 1,099,000 too many. Not enough acreage either. Y'all fallin' all over one another.

Well, it's worlds better than Toronto. I need to live in some sort of metropolitan centre with my job. Noone opens an engineering office in the middle of the boonies.

Luisette

I have returned.

Didn't get to hike as much as we would have liked due to trail repairs and a minor glitch I encountered. We managed around 22 miles though. Breath taking country. But it's a millionairre's playground, so I won't be back anytime soon. Think Aspen or Cape Cod. Nauseating. I quit countin Benzes at 200.

Lord was it hot. I think that's what got me down physically. I stayed hydrated well enough, but it gots to me innards all the same. Overall I held up OK though...A- at least.

Gawd am I glad to be back in the land of biscuits n' gravy though...them bean sprout and avacado laced turkey sammiches at $12.95 each was gettin old.

Pics to be uploaded tomorrow.

You did great :). Those pictures are beautiful by the way. I would love to go hiking sometime soon :). I just love nature, it heals body, mind and soul :D