Those crazy Baptists...

My Exwife is a born again Baptist. All I really need to say.

No; it's sad. For "Christians" like them to act like racist prejudiced chauvanistic urgh!
None of the Baptists I know are like that; thank God for that. Most of them aren't judgemental, etc. In fact, they care more than most other people do. But for angry prejudiced people toting their "Christian"-hood, seems like the Puritan days all over again. I hope most people won't judge Christians by Landover's example.

But, seeing as they title themselves as a "parody" . . .
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/email.html

Funny. The book was written over 40 years ago. Little did I know that it was just homo erotic pablum :D

I've also seen a treatise wherein the Two Towers was a terrorist codework for the NYC attack. Some people have way too much time of their hands.

huh?

that he committed the ultimate homosexual sacrifice by ruining his hairdo and nearly drowning himself to prove his loyalty.
I haven't read the books (he writes like shit)... Can someone explain this? Without spoiling the movie?

unclehobart said:
no idea. the writer is seeing stuff that isnt there.
Yes yes, the title should have given me a clue "Where the unsaved are not welcome". The entire site is satirical in nature, much like the Onion for Baptists. At least that is what I read on another forum and now that they put it that way I can see it actually. The website is NOT a true representation of Baptists btw, reading the title should give you that idea.

I dunno... Ive known some psycho baptists in my life that make that site seem like a bingo run down at the VFW.

OK I'm actually laughing now at the idioticity of their posts... Check their index of movies:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/movies.html -- This is silly beyond belief.

Harry Potter: Satanic Attack!
Monsters: A Talking Testicle!
Jurassic Park III: Scientific Farce
Planet of the Apes: Beastiality
Tomb Raider: Not A Christian Film as Implied
Hannibal: Delightfully Biblical!
The Grinch: Satan Painted Green
Castaway: A Life Without Jesus
Blair Witch 2: A Christian Movie!
The Patriot: Anti-Christian Trash!
Thomas & The Magic Railroad
Dinosaur: Not for Children
Me, Myself & Satan: Demon Possession
Gladiator: Homosexual lust!
American Psycho: Bill Clinton
Man on the Moon: ...or Devil in Hell?
Toy Story 2: Satan's New Film
The Green Mile: Men, Prison, Showers
Blair Witch Project: Dora Jean Reviews
Boys Don't Cry: "Bull Dykes Don't Cry"
American Beauty: Ugly Satanic Slop
The Talented Mr. Ripley: Fine Christian Fare

There are extremists in every faith. :eek: Fortunately we are free to laugh at them as we will... :)

I haven't read the books (he writes like shit)...

Tolkeins love affair was with language which is why his books are so verbose.

Aunty Em said:
There are extremists in every faith. :eek: Fortunately we are free to laugh at them as we will... :)

I haven't read the books (he writes like shit)...

Tolkeins love affair was with language which is why his books are so verbose.

I love his writing. I'd like to know where Jerrek got his degree in literary criticism... :rolleyes:

Ardsgaine said:
I love his writing. I'd like to know where Jerrek got his degree in literary criticism... :rolleyes:

He just doesn't have the patience to appreciate a true master of the written form probably. :rofl:

Its an opinion ok? I just don't like his style and there are lots of other books to read ;) An opinion.

Back