Thoughts on this.......

Mare

Your thoughts on driving with no Insurance on a vehicle?

Mine: DUMB-for you and others on the road....
I'll leave it at that, Don't want to have to take a whole page up.

Mare said:
Your thoughts on driving with no Insurance on a vehicle?
Really dumb! I was always nervous driving in Alabama because, at least for a while, they did not require drivers to have insurance on their vehicles. I just knew I was going to end up being in an accident with one of these people and my insurance or my own money was going to have to cover the repairs on my car and any injuries. :nono:

Mare said:
YOU summed it up in 2 words.... :worship: :thumbup: :thumbup:
makes you just want to :bitchslap somebody HUH?!?!?!

I t does.

[rant]When I taught people with disabilities a lot of my students were folks with horrendous physical disabilities as a result of motor accidents.......any bugger who thinks "I won't be involved in a car crash" should be made to spend a year in those folks shoes.[/rant]

Insurance, of course, isn't a gaurantee against being involved in an accident....but it at least helps with monetary worries after.

bleach said:
I t does.

[rant]When I taught people with disabilities a lot of my students were folks with horrendous physical disabilities as a result of motor accidents.......any bugger who thinks "I won't be involved in a car crash" should be made to spend a year in those folks shoes.[/rant]

Insurance, of course, isn't a gaurantee against being involved in an accident....but it at least helps with monetary worries after.
Driving without insurance is just about the norm in SA as far as taxis go (the taxi situation in SA is like nothing on this earth - deathtraps on wheels those things).

It's stupid to do, not because it's illegal, but because of the monetary implications. Unfortunately insurance pay-outs are notoriously slow and by the time you get the cheque inflation has eaten half of it & the cost of your medical expenses etc have sky rocketed, so the money you DO get out at the end barely buys a chappie :rolleyes:

My friend had a terrible car accident 1½ years ago (a taxi skipped a stop sign & smashed into her in the middle of an intersection). As a result she has only one kidney functioning properly, she may never be able to have children because her ovaries got smashed, she had whiplash that pulled her spinal chord in the neck area totally out of place & now she gets terrible headaches as a result. After all this time she is still waiting for a 3rd party insurance claim because - as can be expected - the damned taxi driver wasn't insured (and with the 3rd party claims tax payers like me are settling the bill for his stupidity).

AlphaTroll said:
Driving without insurance is just about the norm in SA as far as taxis go (the taxi situation in SA is like nothing on this earth - deathtraps on wheels those things).
My friend had a terrible car accident 1½ years ago (a taxi skipped a stop sign & smashed into her in the middle of an intersection).
That is awful AT! That is just another one of those stories that just breaks my heart and makes me angry. :mad:

AlphaTroll said:

It's stupid to do, not because it's illegal, but because of the monetary implications. Unfortunately insurance pay-outs are notoriously slow and by the time you get the cheque inflation has eaten half of it & the cost of your medical expenses etc have sky rocketed, so the money you DO get out at the end barely buys a chappie :rolleyes:

My friend had a terrible car accident 1½ years ago (a taxi skipped a stop sign & smashed into her in the middle of an intersection). As a result she has only one kidney functioning properly, she may never be able to have children because her ovaries got smashed, she had whiplash that pulled her spinal chord in the neck area totally out of place & now she gets terrible headaches as a result. After all this time she is still waiting for a 3rd party insurance claim because - as can be expected - the damned taxi driver wasn't insured (and with the 3rd party claims tax payers like me are settling the bill for his stupidity).

Insurance claims take forever to sort out in the UK as well.......my mates wife had to wait over 2 years just for a simple whiplash claim (and that was with both parties being insured).

it's very dumb....but can anyone explain why the shit is sooo expensive? like i don't have enough problems i have to shell out all that damn cheddar over to some insurance company for some untangible item as insurance? it's insane how much it costs! and it appears to only be getting worse. i saw a news report about how they are going to start running credit reports at insurance companies and your rates could go up or you could even be dropped depending on your credit report- not your driving record and i think this is disgusting!

tonks said:
it's very dumb....but can anyone explain why the shit is sooo expensive? like i don't have enough problems i have to shell out all that damn cheddar over to some insurance company for some untangible item as insurance? it's insane how much it costs! and it appears to only be getting worse. i saw a news report about how they are going to start running credit reports at insurance companies and your rates could go up or you could even be dropped depending on your credit report- not your driving record and i think this is disgusting!
OMG! That is ridiculous! :eek5:

tonks said:
i saw a news report about how they are going to start running credit reports at insurance companies and your rates could go up or you could even be dropped depending on your credit report- not your driving record and i think this is disgusting!
god i hope not.
i already pay some of the highest premiums in the state because my town has 2 major highways and 2 heavily traveled state roads going through it. any speeding tickets or accidents happening on those stretches of road counts against the town when they figure their rates. we also have a large function hall/nightclub and a large cinema in town. any stolen/damaged vehicles in those lots gets counted against the town too.

Mare said:
YOU summed it up in 2 words.... :worship: :thumbup: :thumbup:
makes you just want to :bitchslap somebody HUH?!?!?!

In re: to Squigg's karma for me *poke2* I wasn't counting the word "and", smartass........ :winkkiss:

NO! :lol2:
Didnt you just read what Paul_Valaru just said . argueing on the internet just DUMB.

Your a sweetie anyway :winkkiss: NITE

Mare said:
No, not really but you had to point it out, told you im a polack and blonde, its ok for me to miscount LMAO.
ya you betcha.

that kind of attitude could probably get you far in corporate accounting.

Back