Tick tock for Tookie

I don't feel sorry for him. It matters not to me that he has become a role model and a literary figure. He is still a mass murderer.

While in prison, Williams has campaigned for an end to youth gang violence and written a series of children’s books. He has been nominated five times for the Nobel Peace Prize and four times for the Nobel Prize for literature

Amazing how motivation can change a person, no?

I was just wondering...why haven't they fried Manson yet? He is just as evil as Tookie was, yet he's not being executed...

Gato_Solo said:
I was just wondering...why haven't they fried Manson yet? He is just as evil as Tookie was, yet he's not being executed...
I've wondered that for years myself about why they allow Manson to stay around.
He's even been up for parole a couple of times I think. :alienhuh:
I don't think they had anything "hard" where he himself did a killing.

Manson didn't kill any of the Tate-LaBianca victims.

He was sentenced to death, but California being the right-thinking place it is, they overturned the death penalty in the 1970s. That automaticallycommuted Manson's (as well as all others on death row) sentence tolife. In their infinite wisdom, they also failed to provide a clause stipulating that death row inmates would be ineligible for parole. When The Land of Fruits and Nuts reinstated the death penalty, they could not by law reinstate it for any life sentence. Thus, Manson lives.

I'm more shocked that another inmate hasn't hung a shank in his back yet.

God knows I am not protecting him but he didn't do anything worthy of the death penalty (although, in his case, it'd be a blessing)

There's sufficient proof that he did kill someone, though I don't think it was prosecuted because he already had a death sentence when the case was ready for trial.

Gonz said:
God knows I am not protecting him but he didn't do anything worthy of the death penalty (although, in his case, it'd be a blessing)

He gave the order to kill did he not? I say he played a role in the death of Tate. Gang leaders should get death as well. No sympathy from me

Gonz said:

Aiding and abetting gets the same charge, and should get the same penalty, right?

Gato_Solo said:
Aiding and abetting gets the same charge, and should get the same penalty, right?
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, when someone is killed in the commission of a felony (victim or one of the perpetrators, doesn't matter) all of the participants in the comission of said felony may be charged with first degree murder.

chcr said:
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, when someone is killed in the commission of a felony (victim or one of the perpetrators, doesn't matter) all of the participants in the comission of said felony may be charged with first degree murder.
For sure for sure... :D
We're still talking about CA though. :lloyd:

Gato_Solo said:

wikipedia said:
Although Manson himself was not present at the Tate/La Bianca killings, he was convicted of first degree murder on January 25, 1971, for ordering and directing them, and on March 29 was sentenced to death.

CA Penal Code said:
187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.
(b) This section shall not apply to any person who commits an act
that results in the death of a fetus if any of the following apply: (abortion)

CA Penal Code said:
188 Such malice may be express or implied. It is express when there is manifested a deliberate intention unlawfully to take away the life of a fellow creature. It is implied, when no considerable
provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing
show an abandoned and malignant heart.

When it is shown that the killing resulted from the intentional
doing of an act
with express or implied malice as defined above, no
other mental state need be shown to establish the mental state of
malice aforethought. Neither an awareness of the obligation to act
within the general body of laws regulating society nor acting despite
such awareness is included within the definition of malice.

Did he act? From what I know, he did not.

CA Penal Code said:
189. All murder which is perpetrated by means of a destructive device or explosive, a weapon of mass destruction, knowing use of ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor, poison,
lying in wait, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate,
and premeditated killing, or which is committed in the perpetration
of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, carjacking, robbery,
burglary, mayhem, kidnapping, train wrecking, or any act punishable
under Section 206, 286, 288, 288a, or 289, or any murder which is
perpetrated by means of discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle,
intentionally at another person outside of the vehicle with the
intent to inflict death, is murder of the first degree. All other
kinds of murders are of the second degree.

I'm glad he's locked up but I think he may be a prisoner of convenience.

Well at least I finded out one thing I nevah knew before:
ol' Chucky WAS indeed sentenced to death and the fricken
lefties commuted it to life.
( I thought all along that he only got a life sentence).

Will the Crips have a big funeral procession for their
fallen founder?

*like that one Hex?*

Why did this guy get to live 24 years?
Judging from the names of the victims
Tookie was clearly guilty of a
hate crime doncha think?

Back