Tick tock for Tookie

SouthernN'Proud said:
He tied Leno and Rosemary LaBianca up so they could be killed without a struggle.

:confused:

Maybe I missed something. I was under teh inmpression he wasn't there at all. :shrug:

He entered the LaBianca residence, then left while the others killed them. He wasn't at the Tate residence the night of the killings.

Oh, hell, in that case, I rescind all my statements. I thought he just ordered the attacks & then stayed home & watched Monday Night Football.

I'm seeing sources saying he did go to the LaBianca site, and tied up the victims. Left before they were killed, though.

If he was there, at all, then he's guilty. If he wsan't, he's a...I'm not gonna say it.

From the book, Helter Skelter, written by prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi, pp. 363-365.

Quoting from eyewitness and Manson follower Linda Kasabian's statement to the author:

"Telling the others to stay in the car, Manson got out...She (Kasabian) watched him walking up the driveway until it curved and he disappeared from their sight.

"Some ten minutes later, Manson returned to the car.

"Manson told Tex, Katie and Leslie to get out of the car and bring their clothing bundles with them...Manson told the trio that there were two people inside the house, that he had tied them up...

"As the trio started toward the house, Manson got back in the car..."

Supporters of clemency for Williams have stepped up their lobbying in the past few days and a university professor submitted the former gang leader’s name for a Nobel Peace Prize on Wednesday.

“It’s one attempt just to draw attention to the anti-gang work that Mr. Williams has been doing,” said Philip Gasper, a philosophy professor at Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont, California. “If the governor is paying attention, maybe it will remind him of one of the key arguments in the clemency issue.”

Professors, legislators and others are among those who can submit proposals for Nobel Peace Prizes; the latest submission by letter was the sixth on behalf of Williams.

Would someone tell me what the point of a philosophy professor is, other than to generate more philosophy professors?

To quote Mr Bon Scott, before his untimely demise...

Problem Child said:
What I need I stash
What I don't I smash
And I don't need you
Say bye bye
While you're still alive, ah
Your time is through

capt.ny11812112220.williams_execution__ny118.jpg

if they fry his worthless ass, there's a decent chance his acolytes will express their displeasure in the manner they are accustomed to. hence, i say equip california cops with riot gear and orders to shoot to kill on sight. we could lower the crime rate in cali by 20 percent or more in 24 hours.

Winky said:
Now that would be something nice to see.

While I have no regrets for the offing of Tookie, the question remains...if it's fine and dandy to off Tookie, shouldn't it be just as fine and dandy to off Manson?

It goes back to my original premis...if you give a penalty for a crime, that penalty should be the standard for all future crimes of that magnitude...and the state-be-damned. Just make sure the jury is well-versed in what that penalty will ensue. If they decide that the status-quo is fine, then so be it. If they feel that a stronger punishment is necessary, then they should be reminded that they are setting the new standard...which cannot be lowered.

yes gato. except in manson's case there were two law changes. the fools in the legislature neglected to add the provision to reinstate all commuted death penalties, including manson's. his sentence was commuted to life by a change in state law, not pc activism as is present in this case.

I'm still unclear where the Constitution says a reinstated order may not also be reinstated.

Gonz said:
I'm still unclear where the Constitution says a reinstated order may not also be reinstated.

death penalties are state laws, not federal. i realize you and your heroes sometimes get a little muddled on that concept... :evilcool: ...but it's how it is.

manson's death sentence was commuted to life when cali outlawed the death penalty. end of phase 1. when cali reinstated the death penalty years later, they neglected to recommute all those sentences they commuted before. end of phase 2. hence, manson lives.

Back