Tick tock for Tookie

SouthernN'Proud said:
yes gato. except in manson's case there were two law changes. the fools in the legislature neglected to add the provision to reinstate all commuted death penalties, including manson's. his sentence was commuted to life by a change in state law, not pc activism as is present in this case.

Ummm...I wasn't just talking Manson. I mean every case of that particular crime tried by the state after the penalty is assessed.

Gato_Solo said:
While I have no regrets for the offing of Tookie, the question remains...if it's fine and dandy to off Tookie, shouldn't it be just as fine and dandy to off Manson?

It goes back to my original premis...if you give a penalty for a crime, that penalty should be the standard for all future crimes of that magnitude...and the state-be-damned. Just make sure the jury is well-versed in what that penalty will ensue. If they decide that the status-quo is fine, then so be it. If they feel that a stronger punishment is necessary, then they should be reminded that they are setting the new standard...which cannot be lowered.
Totally agree....more things should be fed, rather than state law.
OTOH some things should be state that are fed now too IMO.
I'm not a real history scholar anyway, but I wonder sometimes who decided
which should be which.
That's the part about the civil war I still don't get.

Gato_Solo said:
Ummm...I wasn't just talking Manson. I mean every case of that particular crime tried by the state after the penalty is assessed.

blame the cali legislature of the era for the horrendous oversight.

Since the Federal Supreme Court found the death penalty, first unconstitutional & then changed their mind, it's a federal problem. California (or any other state) never put those "spared" the death penalty back on death row but how many of their sentences were actually changed?

without researching case law i couldn't tell ya. lemme see if i can find the manson case citation in my pile of manson stuff and i'll get back with ya later.

gotta go get m'self all purtied up soon. got a scv meeting tonight. priorities, ya know.

Wanna know the most troubling part? Too bad, I'll tell ya anyway.

We've spent days discussing this POS. Some media have spent months to years trying to boost this murderers popularity. Childrens books, Nobel Prizes (tells ya what a crock they are), anti-gang stuff. blah blah blah blah

Have any of you heard the name of one homicide victim? Or how one guy was told to lay down & when he did, sweet Tookie put 2 shotgun shells into his back? Or anything about how Mr Nobel Peace Laureate killed a husband, wife & sister, just because?

No? WHy the hell not? Kill the fuck & let's move on.

The oke's lifestory actually made for some interesting reading. What time was it when he was executed?

BTW do you suppose this will have any effect whatsoever on Arnie's political career?

Pronounced dead at 12:35 a.m. Pacific Time. I posted as soon as it was announced on TV, which was 12:37.

flavio said:
That's not very christian.

Exodus 22:14

But if a man schemes and kills another man deliberately, take him away from my altar and put him to death.

flavio said:

neither was killing those people he killed.

flavio said:

neither was fostering an organized crime syndicate that endorses and engages in murder, prostitution, drug distribution, and heaven alone knows what else.

we're better off without this piece of slime. now let's go get a few hundred more like him. i got bullets to spare, we can take em out before breakfast one morning.

msnbc.com

**ahem...**

Williams' supporters stood at the back of the room and gave what looked like black power salutes several times, said the reporters. After he was declared dead, the supporters left and yelled in unison, "The state of California just killed an innocent man," said the reporters.

“Me fearing what I’m facing, what possible good is it going to do for me? How is that going to benefit me?” Williams said in a recent interview.

now talk to me about what this really boiled down to. a thug is a thug is a thug, and all your pc bullshit changes not one thing about it except your level of naive self-illusion.

concerned only about himself right up to the end. some leader.

burn in hell, tookie. you earned it.

Back