Tick Tock or just Nuttiness?

PrincessLissa

I am not sure if this is a sign of me growing up, my head being crazy and thinking my biological clock is ticking or me just being a crazy old nuthead. I have started to fall for someone that is SO not close to my type. Those of you who know me have heard stories of the guys I have dated. Mostly blondes and always over 6'1. Most of them are very good looking and usualy treat me like poo. Well, I met a boy a long time ago and he I were friends. It was a bit of drama cuz his gf at the time was hititng on my bf at the time and it was all a bit uncomfertable. We both ended our relationships with these people a few months ago and have become even better friends. Recently I have noticed a very odd closeness to him. It kept getting stronger and stronger and I played it off as him and I becoming really good friends. I have many other friends that are boys that I have done this with. I ended up crashing at his place one night as I was locked out of my own and we ended up playing a bit of kissy face. I stayed at his house another time and we did the cuddley thing. He and I both have sorta silently agreed that nothing more shall become in the bedroom till there is more in our hearts and our heads are straightened out. So this boy is totaly good to me and a keeper. I have no doubts about this. But I wonder why I feel so strongly about him. He is only 5'11, weighs in at way less than I do, has red hair and he is a little nerd boy. Give him a pocket protecter and they would cast him in Revenge of the Nerds right away. He is the most responsible person I have met and is looking to settle down in the near future. I have never been sexualy attracted to him untill we really started talking more often and about our personal lives. This shows me that I am in like with his personality and not his apperance which is awesome. But, why? Have I realied the errors of my ways? Do I just need someone that will be nice to me? Is my biological clock ticking?

ANyway, just a little bit of release. I am hoping that this is something that will last. But every time I see a tall handsome boy, I have to stare and think about how darn cute he is... I am not sure this boy is ready for someone like me though. I am quiet a bit to handle. Plus he and I have totaly different pasts. Hmmmm...I guess we will see.

It took me a while but it must be that whole growing up thing. The last guy I dated was tall and sorta cute and was good to me. But then he had a bunch ofmedical problems piling up that he wasn't taking real good care of and ended up in the hospital again. After that he changed a lot and was really bad to me. I think I just want someone who is nice to me. It's been a very long time since I have had that and they always ended up being poopie to me in the end. *cough* Hamburger Helper *cough* Turns out that he cheated on me. But anyway...

*runs away leaving gossip trail*

Anytime you catch yourself thinking more about how you're treated than how he looks, you're on the right track. The reverse also holds true.

Just make sure you treat him as well as he treats you.

In my eyes he is cute. But I never thought this until I really got to know him.

Of course I treat him well. This is how I see it. I am a princess and I demand to be treated like one. But, a princess is always with a prince whi will someday be king, so my man must be treated like a king. Most men don't understand this.

looks are icing. who cares what someone looks like if you can't be yourself or hold a conversation. congrats, it sounds to me like you are on your way towards a good relationship.

PrincessLissa said:
This is how I see it. I am a princess and I demand to be treated like one. But, a princess is always with a prince whi will someday be king, so my man must be treated like a king. Most men don't understand this.

I wouldn't put up with that load of steaming crap for 24 hours. However, you found one that will. Once again, good for you.

It's not crap. I jus demand to be treated good. I want a boy that will take me out to a NICE dinner every now and then. A man that attempts to be romantic once in a while. A man that surprises me with little things all the time like notes or doing something nice for me. A man that loves me and is willing to be there for me. That is what I mean by princess. In return I take the man out to a nice dinner, leve him little notes on the bathroom mirror, surprise him with lunch at work and do little nice things for him. I guess it does sound kinda bad, but it's just my whole fairytale issue.

That "fairytale issue" will kill most relationships. While you need romance, it cannot be the cornerstone of a real, lasting relationship.

To be flip about it, I can give you all the hugs you want, but the real love's in the fridge.

It's not so bad Princess, and there are guys out there that will be glad to treat you like a princess, sounds like you may have found one of them.

I might have. We will see how things work out. If he does treat me good, he will be treated just the same. I am tired of being good to people only to have them wipe thier mudy boots on my back.

DP, I think you need to try to think and figure out...is it a someone you want, or is it this someone you want?

Just remember that sometimes you have to make the first move towards being nice. Too many people are cynical and figure everyone is going to treat them bad, so they jump at the chance and treat them like shit to begin with. Then they wonder why everyone treats them like shit.

PrincessLissa said:
It's not crap. I jus demand to be treated good. I want a boy that will take me out to a NICE dinner every now and then. A man that attempts to be romantic once in a while. A man that surprises me with little things all the time like notes or doing something nice for me. A man that loves me and is willing to be there for me. That is what I mean by princess. In return I take the man out to a nice dinner, leve him little notes on the bathroom mirror, surprise him with lunch at work and do little nice things for him. I guess it does sound kinda bad, but it's just my whole fairytale issue.

This is where I tell you that you shouldnt have to demand to be treated like that. That should be a given. Any relationship without repsect, trust and a certain amount of spontaneity is bound to end it heartbreak. Im glad that you've found this guy Lissa and I can see him being good for you. I dot want to sound horrible here but, don't waste this chance to make a grab for happiness.

HomeLAN said:
the real love's in the fridge.
ah, beer! ;)

but seriously, he's right...romance is wonderful provided that it comes out of love and a desire to brighten your loved ones day not out of obligation...but if the 2 of you are happy which the situation so be it.

Leslie said:
DP, I think you need to try to think and figure out...is it a someone you want, or is it this someone you want?

Very well put.

As is what HomeLAN is saying.

Like Leslie mentioned.

Be very objective and see that is he the walking image of what you want in a guy, sans the looks, or a guy you really want to be with?

So ask yourself...is he attractive and lucrative because he fits your definiton of a stable man or because he really is that.

As for being treated like a princess - Thats all good and dandy but you must realize the train of thoughts in a relationships aren't always in sync or on the same track. Once the gloss wears off the real test begins and then you really can't be expected to be pampered all the time....

at times he'll forget about the little little things and at times so will you ergo you have to look over these little little things for just what they are...little little things.

Give it a whirl.........might find yer prefer somone with a bit of substance rather than a pretty ornament :shrug:

Back