Tim Hortons is sexist!

*sigh*

It's not a matter of how much space they take up, but of how much space it takes to use one. Sure, they fold up nice, and all. But when they unfold, you have to have enough space to stand beside it, space for the diaper bag, etc. Not to mention that ladies rooms are almost (almost) always cleaner than mens, since women have a harder time pissing on the floor.

But, besides all that. Given that you've a budget for only one, where else would you put it? Personally, my experience is that singles are usually allocated to the handicap toilet, if there is one. Then to the ladies. And only then to the mens.

But, if it bothers you so much, persue it. Maybe you'll even get a settlement out of them. Without even having to pour coffee in your lap.

It's also that a lot more women change their babies compared to men. Paul has told me that he won't change a baby unless he really has to. He almost puked when he had to change his nephew.

Professur said:
But, if it bothers you so much, persue it. Maybe you'll even get a settlement out of them. Without even having to pour coffee in your lap.

Having worked as a janitor..I can tell you that this is true "More often, women's bathrooms are LESS clean than the mens"

I am pursuing it. That was a copy/paste of letters to Wendy's (The owning company) and Tim Hortons' VIPs.

I won't sue...but I do want them to knwo what's going on.

Uki Chick said:
It's also that a lot more women change their babies compared to men. Paul has told me that he won't change a baby unless he really has to. He almost puked when he had to change his nephew.

In your experiece. In my expereince, I change my son more often that MrsBish does.

What happens if there isn't a 'woman' in that father's life? Does he leave the baby in the same diaper until he can get home and change it, or does he tap a strange woman on the shoulder and ask nicely for her to change the diaper for him.

If i was you...I'd talk to Paul about his aversion to diaper changing BEFORE you have kids.

MrBishop said:
In your experiece. In my expereince, I change my son more often that MrsBish does.

What happens if there isn't a 'woman' in that father's life? Does he leave the baby in the same diaper until he can get home and change it, or does he tap a strange woman on the shoulder and ask nicely for her to change the diaper for him.

If i was you...I'd talk to Paul about his aversion to diaper changing BEFORE you have kids.

Meow. :whip:

Uki Chick said:

That, my dear, is the most sexist comment I've heard in almost 25 years. Most men I know wh are fathers change diapers just as often as the women who are mothers. In fact, I changed my daughters more often than my ex, who was always "too busy to do it". I worked, at the time, my job, came home after 8 hours, cooked dinner, changed diapers, washed dishes, changed diapers, and went to sleep. On my days off, I changed them every time. This is a sore spot with me, so don't respond...for both our sakes...

Bish said:
and that's why it's a sexist thing to do
take another testosterone injection
Bish said:
...you're assuming that the only people who are responsable for taking care of kids are women.

Historically that is the case. They have boobs. We have strong backs.

Uki Chick said:
According to who? Most of the fathers I've known have taken an active role in nappy changing.

I'd suspect that a kid who's 3 feet tall and has a weight proportional to its height would be too heavy for most changing tables.

Inkara1 said:
I'd suspect that a kid who's 3 feet tall and has a weight proportional to its height would be too heavy for most changing tables.

You'd be surprised. Those things are pretty well anchored, since nobody wants to get sued if one rips outta the wall with a kid on it.

*One more vote for diaper changing Dads - although the wife did take the lion's share*

Ok everyone, let's just bash on Uki now. What I'm fucken saying, is if you look back in time even, women used to be the ones staying home while men went to work. THEREFORE MORE WOMAN CHANGED DIAPERS THAN MEN! Now can everyone take a fucken pill! I'm not saying things haven't changed in the years and men don't do it. Men are more responsible nowadays, but when some of these restaurants were built, it was the other way around.

Bish, Paul knows full well how I feel about him not wanting to change diapers. It's not gonna stop me from having children though. I still would like the chance to have a child whether he wants to change diapers or not. So I'll live with doing it.

And in my experience, watching family members and friends around me, 3/4 of the time, the woman was doing it. GEEZ!!! :mad4:

WOW! She told you guys huh :D

Is there a balot choice for did it & didn't buy into the whole "lookit me I'm special, I changed my kids diaper & I'm proud"* bs. It's very similar to to nonsense of WE'RE having a baby. No sir, she's having the baby & you're standing around looking confused.

*not indicating anyone here has said or implied that,

I have changed diapers.....I hate it, I really really do.

Those things should be in BOTH bathrooms, and if there is only budget for one......well make a changing room.

paul_valaru said:
Those things should be in BOTH bathrooms, and if there is only budget for one......well make a changing room.

Construct two bathrooms & a changing room? That expense would outweigh one more changing table. Retrofit one & let the men get over it is my vote.

Gonz said:
Construct two bathrooms & a changing room? That expense would outweigh one more changing table. Retrofit one & let the men get over it is my vote.

You got my vote...when are you going up for election again? Might be the first time that I don't vote liberal. :D

Uki Chick said:
Ok everyone, let's just bash on Uki now. What I'm fucken saying, is if you look back in time even, women used to be the ones staying home while men went to work. THEREFORE MORE WOMAN CHANGED DIAPERS THAN MEN! Now can everyone take a fucken pill! I'm not saying things haven't changed in the years and men don't do it. Men are more responsible nowadays, but when some of these restaurants were built, it was the other way around.

Bish, Paul knows full well how I feel about him not wanting to change diapers. It's not gonna stop me from having children though. I still would like the chance to have a child whether he wants to change diapers or not. So I'll live with doing it.

And in my experience, watching family members and friends around me, 3/4 of the time, the woman was doing it. GEEZ!!! :mad4:

Geez!!! Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her riled up like that..I guess women are funny that way. Point out the obvious, and look what happens. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
Geez!!! Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her riled up like that..I guess women are funny that way. Point out the obvious, and look what happens. ;)

You can say what you want, i'm just stating what I see around me!

Leslie said:
my tongue is bleeding from biting it :eek5:

Why, dear, do you think I ended with a smilie?

If a man says something sexist, he's a pig. If a woman says something sexist, she's standing up for women world-wide. :shrug: Nature of the beast?

Back