To be an a-hole or not to be an a-hole...that is the question?

IDLEchild

So a conversation ensues and the oppsite conversationlist procedes to tell me that sarcastic people aren't apprecited in social gatherings.....i may think they do but they aren't no matter how wonderfully garish and witty they percieve themselves to be. Now the thing is i enjoy sarcastic personalities, not pessimist sarcastic but somewhat negative/psuedo optimist characters...you know those that don't jump to see the good of every situation and those realistic enough to know not every clouds has a silver lining but they aren't downers or social punching bags.

A strong, apathatic, character attracts me but even those exist in many variations....haven't found the perfect combination yet but i have found that many other personalities are also attractive......at times opposite personalites work too...

So is it true that opposites attarct? Logic would have it no and 90% of the time it doesn't (sorry for those who firmly believe in that) but has it worked for anyone? anyone found the perfect personality...i don't mean your lover or a fuck buddy (that is primarily juices relationship isn't it).....just anyone besides those significant others.

What personalities and characters can't you stand? and which ones do you adore?

I prefer the dark, brooding types, the no nonsense types. I can't achieve such discipline as them. I despise the angry, emo, pseudo intellectuals who make it their passion to piss off people with their bevy of knowledge about the arts or such. I, almost, achieve the point of taking those emo glasses of their face and giving them an anal scope with them....free of charge.

i hate big ego's. cocky people piss me off. makes me just wanna prove 'em wrong. and overly happy people.
i'm not so sure if opposites attract. maybe there is a common trait that we just can't see. i have been attracted to a wide variety of men, but always there was a little something in common.

i hate big ego's. cocky people piss me off.

Agreed, arrogant people are a huge turnoff but i have known some that were quite appealing due to their self assurance and general attitude contributed by their higher than usual confidence.

buttcrack, if sarcastic people weren't appreciated me and you wouldn't have any friends.

Not true. I am not sarcastic at all. Anyway if such was true then who cares?

I think sarcasm and cockiness can be acceptable.
If it's done right and not condescendingly.

Which by the way is very hard...but possible.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Not true. I am not sarcastic at all. Anyway if such was true then who cares?
you have your sarcastic moments, thats a good thing. who cares? maybe no one, i was just stating a fact.

Is this going to turn into a fight?

:::Grabs beer bottle by neck and cocks it:::

Nah, it's just a holier than thou moment apparently. Fuck it all. I don't like wiseasses, but I am one from time to time. I hate arrogant people, but then I have a strange kind of respect for those that deserve to be arrogant too.

Guess I'm just kinda weird.

I love being arrogant in the right way.

Makes others interested in what you see in yourself.

I think this is mostly a matter of perception. There are people I've considered to be arrogant, that others have seen as confident. Similarly, I've seen modest individuals accused of being insecure. :shrug:

Modesty is for closet homosexuals and people who have something to hide.
I have no time nor patience for it.

The difference between arrogance and self confidence is imho quite a fine one. I have been described as arrogant but I prefer to think off my self as very confident. It is when that confidence is gained at the expense of others that it becomes arrogance, to simply know how great you are is just confidence...

It could also be because in social situations I tend to be quite quiet and withdrawn. Coupled with the fact that I am a big guy it could put people off. NOt that I care of course as I love me just the way I am! ;)

Back