Today in the middle east

paul_valaru said:
well that is the way it is, I do not actually think there will ever be peace their, jsut long times between bombings.

Keep doing the same thing keep getting the same results.

spike said:
Keep doing the same thing keep getting the same results.

they tried other approachs, didn't work.

them most peace they have ever had was after winning major wars.

The US hasn't tried cutting off aid to Israel. Israel hasn't tried signing the NPT or complying with all UN mandates.

spike said:
The US hasn't tried cutting off aid to Israel. Israel hasn't tried signing the NPT or complying with all UN mandates.

I guess like like having an ally in an area where they are hated.

why should israel sign anything, they are a sovreign nation.

the UN mandates are more of a suggestion than anything else. And also no other nation in the region complies with them either, they complied to one about pulling out of lebabnon, and boom, rocket attacks.

paul_valaru said:
I guess like like having an ally in an area where they are hated.

why should israel sign anything, they are a sovreign nation.

the UN mandates are more of a suggestion than anything else. And also no other nation in the region complies with them either, they complied to one about pulling out of lebabnon, and boom, rocket attacks.

The US wouldn't be hated so much by Arab countries if they weren't funding Israel.

It's pretty much mostly sovereign nations that sign the NPT.

Israel complies to UN mandates less than anyone. They DID sign the UN charter whereby they agreed to follow these mandates.

spike said:
The US wouldn't be hated so much by Arab countries if they weren't funding Israel.

It's pretty much mostly sovereign nations that sign the NPT.

Israel complies to UN mandates less than anyone. They DID sign the UN charter whereby they agreed to follow these mandates.

as a sovereign nation it does not have to, and so did other contries, and the UN seems to have a bias against israel. It may be a child of the UN but it long ago started living it's own life.

The UN doesn't have bias against Israel. Israel has been thumbing it's nose at the UN mandates it agreed to follow since the beginning. If they can't follow the UN charter then they need to leave the UN.

spike said:
The UN doesn't have bias against Israel. Israel has been thumbing it's nose at the UN mandates it agreed to follow since the beginning. If they can't follow the UN charter then they need to leave the UN.

good point, where do they sign?

spike said:
I think they know how to do it.

getting out of the UN is like getting out of amway, it seems easy....

speaking of the UN, where where they in 1949 1967, and in all the other wars?

they are useless incompitants.

spike said:

There are just as many Arabian countries that are the alies of America as are not..In a round about way we are supporting terrorism by pumping gas into cars so we are supporting the countries that dislike us. Do you realize that Iran produces 10% of the worlds oil?

spike said:

There you go again going off about the Useless Nations. That organization is NOT a governing or a sovereign nation. How many mandates and resolutions were leveled against Iraq and Haseign? Had this madman conformed to the resolutions?

highwayman said:
There are just as many Arabian countries that are the alies of America as are not..In a round about way we are supporting terrorism by pumping gas into cars so we are supporting the countries that dislike us. Do you realize that Iran produces 10% of the worlds oil?

International trade benefits many. Direct military aid to Israel is a different matter.

There you go again going off about the Useless Nations. That organization is NOT a governing or a sovereign nation. How many mandates and resolutions were leveled against Iraq and Haseign? Had this madman conformed to the resolutions?

Not nearly as many against Iraq as have been against Israel and we invaded them over it. I guess maybe we should invade Israel the same way as Iraq to get them to comply.

Professur said:
Spike .... do you have any recollection at all of the Suez Canal crisis?

If he did he would not admit it...

In fact the impression I have he would want America held hostage by a rag tag tin horn dictator...

highwayman said:
If he did he would not admit it...

In fact the impression I have he would want America held hostage by a rag tag tin horn dictator...

I don't understand why you think I wouldn't admit recollecting the Suez Crisis or would want America held hostage. I have never said anything resembling either of those things.

Are you grasping at another attempt to insult me for some reason?

The Suez Crisis was a good example of ending a conflict with a buffer zone. Thanks for bringing it up Professuer.

Back