Tomorrow isn't Valentines ...

ooooooooh that sounds fun too gf! :D

Prof, you can't seriously want me to go to ... QUEBEC?! :eek:

you know what, next summer I'm taking the kids on a train trip to visit mom and dad in Kingston...maybe we could take an extra few days, I'll leave them at mom's and make a little extra trip for me :D

Actually, I was talking to Unc, but there's no reason you can't come too. Plenty of room at the cottage for all. I've even got the tent trailer to set up in case someone snores.

I'm up for a summery visit if you'll have me. I'm not much for voluntarily going into short days/long nights and harsh cold. I wanna wander about and see things and marvel at the sun going down after 11pm. I've got my 'sleeping bag' routine down pat if you'll just assign me a 2m sq patch o' rug to sleep on.

make sure he's got a flashlight then if you're gonna feed him beer then let him roam around outside round the lake :blank:

They'd be digging my frozen corpse outta some snowbank in upstate NY ... cause I've never been taught ice driving skills and my truck is 2wd. Gimmie at least another month. I may be outta town one way or another for the latter half of March. My uncle (the one married to my recent deceased auntie) really wants me to do a 2 week stretch on the Appalachian Trail in late April or early May. ...but Im sure I can slide a 3 day drop in sometime when its a touch warmer.

But youre well practiced on icy conditions. The other major thing is that I don't own any real winter grade clothes. I would either have to hide indoors full time or lay out a fair bit o' loonies on 2 days worth of clothes and real gloves. I've got no flannel undies.

What time does the sun come up these days up there?

In any case... real winter conditions are an anomaly to me. Random icy bridges in Ohio would probably be enough to give me hives for a few days until I get used to it.

Funny, I haven't even broken out my parka this year, and they've been calling it the coldest winter in years.

But we'll make it a summer thing, if you like. Les, even if we can't hook up here, there's a group of us k-becers heading (supposedly) in the direction of wasaga beach this summer. I'll see about an afternoon deviation.

Screw that tobogan thingie. Snow shoes. Speaking of which, I gotta get up in about 5 hours and drive to the mountain.....6 hours away. 3am is gonna come mighty godamn fucking early.

See ya all in a few.

tomorrow (well today now) is single awareness day or black hearts day!

jaded remark and i get to deliver flowers and about 50 balloons to every stupid b**** in the f****** city. now i know why my buddy asked me if i wanted to help:eek6:

i think it's INSANE what people pay for flowers, the shop is selling a dozen roses for $65, $75 if they're arranged. When I have a significant other i hope she like dandelions.

happy v-day everybody!

Back