Too far?

Sounds reasonable. I haven't written in cursive except to sign my name since 10th grade or so.

I agree completely. I mean I still remember how to, but other than my signature I never do. I always hate trying to read other folks writing as well. I print and it is somewhat ugly and rudimentary, but at least it is easily readable. Computers and keyboarding are the skills that matter most now. Times are changing, and I know Gonz can't seem to stand change, but nothing can stop it.

I eliminated lower case letters from my writing and do all caps. Don't worry it doesn't look like I'm yelling.

There's just very few times when I write that case matters, If it does I write the letters half the size.

Meh, doesn't seem like a big deal. Spent a lot of time learning cursive in elementary school, but I don't use it. I never really had a formal typing class (although being verbally active on the internet since 2002 has given me 80wpm typing), and I think that would be far more useful.

I mean, at this point, penmanship as an indication of intelligence or professionalism is dead. Any serious report or presentation or whatever at work is going to be typed on a computer, not written by hand. Of the text I actually write, I'd estimate that probably 90% of it is re-read only by myself. I do it taking notes in class (the only people who 'take notes' on their laptops in class are doing it to play WoW), writing notes or to-do lists to myself, that kind of stuff. Only thing that other people actually read would be my signature on an official transaction, and greeting cards that I hand-write. Everything else is typing.

Probably should learn it for signature purposes. You can pretty much pass with putting anything on the electronic signature pads at the register, but there's still pen and paper used in the world. Think I signed my name on mortgage paperwork more in one sitting than everything in school combined. Damn near needed a stamp.

You people... seem to forget that there is more to life than computers.
DO you write down grocery lists on your computers and email them to yourself?
Do you write down personal notes, phone numbers etc..using texting instead of writing?
Unable to fill in a form unless it's online?

I type when I'm on the computer...and that's it. Everything else is cursive writing with some small-caps stuff for emphasis.

My son's starting advanced cursive in school (Grade two)..and more power to him. Pencils don't run out of batteries and paper doesn't get degaussed.

Oh those are fun.... love the way the pen nib eventually bends to match your writing style. So much smoother than your average rollerball.

You get her the type with the wee ink cartridges inside or the pull-lever type?

You people... seem to forget that there is more to life than computers.
DO you write down grocery lists on your computers and email them to yourself?
Do you write down personal notes, phone numbers etc..using texting instead of writing?
Unable to fill in a form unless it's online?

I type when I'm on the computer...and that's it. Everything else is cursive writing with some small-caps stuff for emphasis.

My son's starting advanced cursive in school (Grade two)..and more power to him. Pencils don't run out of batteries and paper doesn't get degaussed.

Well isn't that just "special"!

Oh those are fun.... love the way the pen nib eventually bends to match your writing style. So much smoother than your average rollerball.

You get her the type with the wee ink cartridges inside or the pull-lever type?

Waterman, circa 1930

I use a mechanical pencil all the time (only the most arrogant of scientists write in pen), but I don't use cursive. It's not like I write formal documents in it, just small notes and lists and that kind of stuff.

I don't like this in that early of a schooling, but All history books I've
seen when I was in school, put all the presidents in a good light.

In case of emergency...communications will end due to lack of keyboards.

Back