Track meet

lacemyster

My team had a track meet at Harding today, we're pretty good. I'm really tired. Heres what I got:

800m dash: 2nd place
400m relay: 3rd place
55m hurdles: 2nd place
long jump: ???????????

I don't even get my ribbons for those events until tomorrow :(
It was fun though, John and my mommy came and watched me kick butt. :headbang:

Professur

I used to go for steeplechase, or x-country. Used to be pretty good 'til the knees went for a shit.

Congrats, Lacey. Keep it up.

lacemyster

unclehobart said:
How many particpants? Are you a product of training or are you just a natural at track?

Probably a natural, I've been fast ever since, like, kindergarten I think.

greenfreak

Good job Lacey. I was a sprinter too, never really did long distance running. I loved it till shin splints slowed me down and coach made me stop. :(

Professur

What the hell are shin splints anyways? I've heard about them, but it was always mentionned in passing.

greenfreak

Damned if I know. What I do know is that cold nor heat helps in easing the pain and that I have very bumpy shins. I had someone look at my legs once and ask if I had shin splints. Till then, I never knew they were that noticeable.

greenfreak

seton38.gif

holy crapola

I think I was better off not knowing.

Mirlyn

Professur said:
What the hell are shin splints anyways? I've heard about them, but it was always mentionned in passing.

Only time I've had them was when I ran like hell in the snow with heavy boots on. Holy crap, it hurt having legs for a day or so afterwords. It feels like badly bruised shins, up and down. Nearly inexplainable.

greenfreak

http://www.north-wales-sports-physiotherapy-clinic.co.uk/calf5.htm

Can't post a pic for a few reasons... I don't have a digital camera, I have a day's worth of stubble on my legs, and because my legs aren't as skinny as they used to be you wouldn't notice anyway. :shrug:

When you run your hand up and down my shins, it's not smooth, it's bumpy. Reading on that link, I probably could have avoided some of it with sensible warm ups and good shoes but I was a sprinter. I think it would have happened no matter what.