triggers bomb scare

The last bombing of Murfreesboro was when again?

Not the point and you know it. I'm not the one running around screaming about how scared of terrorism we should be. How many Americans have been killed altogether by islamic terrorists? Re is it working: Don't tell me you seriously believe there are fewer terrorists now than there were before this fiasco started. I thought that was the point, but since the stated point gets changed at least annually, it's kinda hard to tell.

Not the point and you know it. I'm not the one running around screaming about how scared of terrorism we should be. How many Americans have been killed altogether by islamic terrorists? Re is it working: Don't tell me you seriously believe there are fewer terrorists now than there were before this fiasco started. I thought that was the point, but since the stated point gets changed at least annually, it's kinda hard to tell.

Depends upon how you do the count, innit? If you count the number of known terrorists, the number has most likely gone down. Also...being aware of a problem and being afraid of a problem are two totally different animals...;)

I don't expect the government to protect me personally. As you point out, that's not their job. I think they're currently doing a piss-poor job of protecting the nation though.

are the Police not part of the gov.?

BTW, I expect protection, but I don't count on it.

Quick, somebody check my lithium level...I'm agreeing with spi...sp...with sp...with him.

These cocky little pricks have been all over the news today. Lock em up and teach em a lesson in respect for the legal system they seem intent on mocking.

I'm wondering if it had anything PR-wise to do with Jane, and her limp friends.
Ted knows how to get pr.

Also...being aware of a problem and being afraid of a problem are two totally different animals...;)

Exactly my point. Both the government and the media seem bent on promoting the latter. I find this less than confidence inspiring.

Exactly my point. Both the government and the media seem bent on promoting the latter. I find this less than confidence inspiring.

Not exactly. When government says "report anything suspicious" it is not promoting fear. The general populace (sheeple) is the group promoting fear. The media reports on that fear in a serious manner, and it causes a ripple effect. As soon as they said that the items were a publicity stunt, I only kept watching the reports for shits and giggles. The fact that they keep reporting this debacle is the problem.

are the Police not part of the gov.?

Their job is to investigate crime, after the fact. They occasionally get lucky & stop something, in advance, but not very often.

Don't tell me you seriously believe there are fewer terrorists now than there were before this fiasco started.

I thnk that we are safer today than in 2000. If our military was allowed to do its job, fully & completely, we'd be even safer. These groups understand one thing & one thing only. Brute force.

Their job is to investigate crime, after the fact. They occasionally get lucky & stop something, in advance, but not very often.

A police officer has never 'stopped' a crime in advance. Nor has a police presence ever prevented a crime. Stopped a crime in progress...yes.

What happened to "to Serve, and Protect" ?
Did it go out when the 10 Commandments got removed from the courts?

To Serve & Protect sound better than Making Isurance Claims Possible.

Stopping criminals before they commit a crime is, itself, a crime, since nothing has been done yet.

Stopping criminals before they commit a crime is, itself, a crime, since nothing has been done yet.
That's Offense, not Defense.
Defense can also stop some.

See, I thought 'serve' was still in play, because I saw a County police helping
a guy change a tire....about a week ago.:p

That's Offense, not Defense.
Defense can also stop some.

See, I thought 'serve' was still in play, because I saw a County police helping
a guy change a tire....about a week ago.:p

What? Were coffee and donuts present during the exchange? :D

I thnk that we are safer today than in 2000.
I disagree. We aren't in particularly more danger, but we aren't particularly safer either. For every known terrorist that we prevent entering the country there are probably a dozens we have no idea of. The parameters for setting up such an organization are well established and theirs, despite our general low opinion of their intelligence, is quite sophisticated and well thought out.

If our military was allowed to do its job, fully & completely, we'd be even safer. These groups understand one thing & one thing only. Brute force.
We agree on this point. The problem with swatting a fly with a sledgehammer though, is collateral damage. I'm not as concerned with it as some, but then I don't have to justify brute force to a world predisposed against it. If we in fact used that method, WWIII would be almost certain to follow. Are you prepared for it?

BTW, didn't you recently disagree with me when I said that the only way to salvage Iraq was a truly significant increase in troops and aggression?

My disagreement is over the increase in troops...not useage of them.

There simply aren't enough there to take complete control Gonz. Something like that takes manpower and plenty of it unless you're committed to genocide.

Back