tunes to chill

Mirlyn

So its been 'one of those days.' Maybe bad, maybe long, maybe just another day. You come home beat; both physically and mentally exhausted. Off the shoes go and before you plop on the couch, you turn your stereo on for some relaxing music to wind down to.

What's playing? What do you listen to to help yourself relax from a bad/good/long day?

hmmm

sometimes its Deicide or Manson,Tool,Final Fantasy 8 soundtrack,chrono trigger soundtrack,final fantasy 7 soundtrack,gODHEAD,TATU,Lifehouse,Silent Hill 3 soundtrack,samurai X soundtrack,New Age(enigma,enya),Pure moods,SLayer,Tool,REM,Pink

so many more but thats some of what i like. ill add Primus too cause im a fan tho they suck and some classic rock too

Coldplay, Norah Jones, Vonda Sheperd, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, Rippingtons, David Gray. I have different WinAmp lists based on my mood. That would be the "mellow" list which has all of the above.

But most of the time if I'm upset or stressed, I want to be happy again, and then the "funky" list goes in. It only has the upbeat, fast dance songs on it. That's what I usually listen to at work, keeps me sane and in a good mood.

Portishead, Cowboy Junkies, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack, and Sigur Ros are the ones i usually listen to.

If i'm in a bad mood, there's no song that can change that :(

A while ago, Gypsy Kings songs could do it, but not anymore.

I'm in a fucking terrible mood right now. Life sucks. I'm listening to Final Fantasy IX - Uematsu's Best Selections and FFIX - Piano Collections.

It's not helping. I wish everyone would just fucking leave me alone. Is that too much to ask?

i, too, have a 'mellow' playlist but when i'm really low i listening to my 'prozac' playlist....or if i want to get out of my funk i'll listening to one of my peppier playlists or the grateful dead or janis joplin.

When I'm having a bad day, I listen to depressing music....with the kick ass dark beat and meaningful lyrics.
My choices: Trapt, Evanescence, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, All-American Rejects, Bowling for Soup....stuff like that.

rrfield said:
Classical music always does it for me.

I've recently begun listening to classical at odd times. In the car on the way home, at night if I'm working on the computer. Do you have any favorites?

To relax...hmmmm

System of a down
Incubus
Propeller heads
Abysis project
Coldplay
Ikarus

more artists i can't remember.

greenfreak said:
I've recently begun listening to classical at odd times. In the car on the way home, at night if I'm working on the computer. Do you have any favorites?

Some classical/barroque of my choice:
Air - Bach (actually, everything from Bach is beautiful)
Canon - Pachebel
7th and 9th - Beethoven
Winter - Vivaldi

greenfreak said:

The classical station around here tends to play lots of Russian composers...I couln't tell you their names... :(

If I'm stressed, then it's either Erik Satie Gymnopaedie and Gnossienne or Brahms Sonatas for Cello and Piano. If I'm depressed it can be anything from New York Dolls to Steve Reich, as long as it's really really loud. Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed works, too. :D

Luis G said:
Some classical/barroque of my choice:
Air - Bach (actually, everything from Bach is beautiful)
Canon - Pachebel
7th and 9th - Beethoven
Winter - Vivaldi

Thanks! I went to shoutcast and found a station playing movie scores. I never realized how beautiful the scores from Gladiator and Backdraft are. Both are by Hans Zimmer. He also did Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, a bunch of others. Did you know he was in "The Buggles"? They did the one hit wonder "Video killed the radio star". :D

greenfreak said:

Beethovens Moonlight Sonata and Adagio for Strings are my two favorites. They work pretty good for me too.

Back