TV viewership down, exec's puzzled

tommyj27 said:
i'm a sucker for documentaries, especially ones where they build stuff or blow stuff up, which coincidently includes most of the genre. it's a good thing i don't have the history/discovery/learning channel.

I like the ones about ghosts myself

greenfreak said:
PT, every time I tune into the History channel, it's never anything that interests me. I think the trick is to give it at least 10 minutes and usually you get hooked if it's good.

Thats it exaclty, I watch it for background alot of times when I'm doing my homework, last night was Hitlers war machine, it started off kinda slow, but it gets interesting. I find it hilarious that History was my least favorite subject in High School, now I watch the History channel for entertainment.

do you watch the show Mail Call? its actually pretty good and its all about military weapons and vehicles and such

Yeah, I've seen it a few times too. I do have to agree with BCD about TLC, it's home swapping shows are getting old, Discovery isn't quite as bad, but then I kind of enjoy the Junkyard wars, Monster Garage stuff too.

Yeah they're definitely showing too many Junkyard Wars and home improvement type shows. But that's what gets a lot of viewers apparently so they fill up the schedule with it. I miss the "On the Inside" series. The last show I saw that intrigued me was about Repo men and how the get these cars/boats/planes from the people who are late on their payments.

I remember during high school, when my family would sit down to dinner, the TV would still be on and my dad would turn it to the Discovery channel... and that's usually when they would show the animals mating.

i'm growing to despise tv, a good friend of mine keeps encouraging me to discard it, just as he has done, and if it wasn't for a clause in my tenancy restricting me from throwing things from upper floor windows i would have done by now i think.

ris said:
i'm growing to despise tv, a good friend of mine keeps encouraging me to discard it, just as he has done, and if it wasn't for a clause in my tenancy restricting me from throwing things from upper floor windows i would have done by now i think.

Think of the money you'd save on taxes... :grinyes:

tommyj27 said:
ghosts, or the idea of their existence, scares the poo out of me

as they can do with me. but some are not malevolent. some are just there not causing problems.

Gato_Solo said:
Think of the money you'd save on taxes... :grinyes:

i'd quite happily not pay the 20quid or whatever it is i pay to sky for their myriad of shit channels, if it wasn't for the exceedingly poor analogue aerial signal we have.

i think i'd keep paying the tv licence fee [its about 100 quid a year], mainly because it pays for the bbc and i consider most of the genuinely excellent things we have in broadcasting in this country come out of that stable. radios 4 and 5, and the two main beeb channels are worth that 100 quid alone to me.

Back