TV's science fiction programs

HeXp£Øi±

You know i love good science fiction. I still enjoy sitting down and watching the original star trek episides, battlestar galactica and a few others but it's been some years since i've gotten into anything new. I've been meaning to watch farscape for the past couple of weeks but it comes on at 11:00pm Alaska time and that's when Leah likes to watch cosby show reruns. Is farscape any good? Are their any other scifi programs on worth watching these days?

Farscape is pretty good. Don't waste your time with Tremors, though. I kinda like Enterprise, and Birds of Prey, while not entirely sf, is a pretty good show (babe-alicious:D) if you like comic books. Smallville, on the other hand, is Dawson's Creek with a little super teen angst (gag, choke).

MuFu said:
Oh man, Smallville is amazing. Best thing on TV after ER and 24, IMO. :D

You sir are nuts. That show has no purpose in the superman world, all its a about are Clark and Lana or 'Clana', while the actress is decent she does not portray the 'real' Lana Lang, fiery redhead and as pushy as Lois Lane, in the comics Pete Ross had no clue clark was superman and Lana did, and they got married (Ross and Lane). Lex Luthor and Clark Kent were never friends before superman, now, how the hell would he NOT see supes is Clark Kent later on? To me this show is just a glorified romance with a few (totally wrong and adsurd) storylines that have a faint resemblance to the real superman saga. Its just another WB tool for money making and teenie audiences. The Whitney saga was pitiful, and the constant killing or brain freaking of people who know his secret is getting old, Chloe is as good as dead i guess if she ever finds out his secret.

Enterprise is decent, Farscape takes em all.

Ok i'm going to sit down 10 minutes from now and actually watch Farscape for the first time. I hope i like it.

Hope you are watching from ep 1, this is the only sci-fi series that i can safely say i watched every single episode.

Well i didn't start Star Trek from the beginning and i loved it. Anyway i just watched Farscape and enjoyed it. It was the one when they were on an asteroid and this chick was there who had to eat other people to survive. Pretty impressive really. Awesome costumes, likable characters and some creepy ambient music in beautifully rich environments. I think i'm already into it after one episode.

Justintime said:
Its just another WB tool for money making and teenie audiences.

Yeah that's me and my family you're talking about. :headbang:

Farscape was good - S1 and S2, anyway. I lost interest after that. Enterprise I'm pretty much hooked on. Dark Angel was very good to start with but it's a bit poo now.

Enterprise is ok but I rarely watch TV so I haven't followed it. I think the best Star Trek was disconnected from other episodes, so missing three weeks or three seasons wasn't that important. That's what really bugged me about voyager. i like baylon 5 a lot.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Well i didn't start Star Trek from the beginning and i loved it. Anyway i just watched Farscape and enjoyed it. It was the one when they were on an asteroid and this chick was there who had to eat other people to survive. Pretty impressive really. Awesome costumes, likable characters and some creepy ambient music in beautifully rich environments. I think i'm already into it after one episode.

Ohhhh.. the one with crystals on her head that changed colour? that ate bones? and where the guy shrunk Zan? :D

I've never seen a single episode or movie or parts of a movie of any of the Star Trek series.

I used to watch SeaQuest all the time though. :cool: LOL

The end of Farscape sucked, unless they make a new series one day or a movie and call it some sort of phase portal thingie that fragments residual waves left by the body being transported into matter. :D

Back