Update

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, my fourth and final year of University starts on Thursday Sept 8...I am nervous but excited at the same time. I am not nervous about whether or not I can succeed...I guess just how well I will beable to time manage and stuff worries me. I got a letter in the mail yesterday stating I was in the top 15% of my class and inviting me to join some special honours society that is a lifetime membership and along with special scholarships and conferences and stuff they offer members only job listings and other sorts of assisstance (that doesn't look right...it's misspelled me thinks...) when you're trying to establish yourself. The president of my school is a co-coordinator or something...for $80 it sounds like it could be useful.

As for work, I learned a lot this summer and met a lot of cool people. My boss got me a goodbye card and everyone signed it and the company gave me a $75 gift certificate for Walmart when I finished on Wednesday. I bought some bed sheets, a waffle maker, a toothbrush, some hair ties and an alarm clock out of it (I am a bargain shopper :D). My boss also told me if I ever need anything to just stop by or get in contact with him through phone or email. So, I am not pretty positive I'm gonna ace my second semester pavement design course since that is all of what we did at my work and I have the people there at my disposable to answer questions :)

Well, that is what has been up with me, I've been pretty scarce due to the insane hours I was working...but, now I'm back :D

Professur said:
Networking in the industry is always the best way to good jobs.

Oh, and the P.Eng at my work told me that when I graduate if I am havign trouble finding jobs to get in contact with him (and if he isn't at the company anymore find out from someone where he went) and he'll let me know of any companies he's heard of looking for people and drop my name around and stuff for me!!

unclehobart said:
New Orleans could use all the engineering help it can get right now.

I certainly hope it's in much better shape by the time I graduate...that's 8 months from now...not back to normal but atleast MUCH better.

MrBishop said:
Good job Nix! Keep up the good work!

will you pay attention??? She just finished saying that she's quit work and heading back to school. C'mon man, keep up.

Professur said:
will you pay attention??? She just finished saying that she's quit work and heading back to school. C'mon man, keep up.

:lloyd:

Final year?, I remember those times, they feel great but horrible at the same time :D

And what happens when Nicole has no structure in her life? She wakes up at 10am and at almost 4pm realizes she has done almost nothing all day except post on OTC...:D

You mean you'd still sitting there in you nighty and knickers?

did you even get to the toilet yet?

Professur said:
You mean you'd still sitting there in you nighty and knickers?

did you even get to the toilet yet?

I said NEXT TO NOTHING, I have gone to the bathroom, I have eatten half a bowl of cereal and some pizza pockets and I have put a load of laundry in...I am however still in the fleece pants and tank top that I slept in...:D

Professur said:
Well, put on a bra, willya? You jiggle when you wave. It's very distracting.

I'm gonna get dressed soon...going out to dinner with my mom, brother and cousin (who is here from Newfoundland for a few weeks) now in an hour or so...

Back