vbulletin help

MrBishop

Trying to clear up the 'turkey' virus that has been infecting vbulletin sites as of late. I understand that it's found in the yahoo counter script, but might be in a few other places. Finding needles in haystacks is more like it.

Anyone know of a decent script that I can run on my vbulletin to help clear up this mess?

Thanks!

We're on 3.7.4 now

It's a site redirect

*78.110.175.21*
*195.24.76.251*

Seems to be inside the java code. A bit of subertfuge hiden in a yahoo counter, but the DB puts the code back in after you 'fix it'

I'll mention it to the site owner. See if he's willing to upgrade, but would that guarantee the fix or just move the problem to a new version?

I've considered wiping all non-generic skins off of the server and reloading the php files, index etc..

We're on 3.7.4 now
Our DB doesn't seem touched at all..it's mostly the interface/skin that's causing the redirect to a hostile site.

D'ya think that the UPG will solve some/all of those issues?

I convinced him to go up to 3.8.1 - so far, so good... he's switching hosts as well. The current host is having major issues with this php redirect virus/trojan.

Any way that I can get a list of your banniated IP ranges? I'll erad up on how to do blocks and strengthen up the board that way.

Much appreciated Cato.

wip...

If I get an error log, where an IP is looking for a guest dir, I ban it, or the range
if it's a certain other country, like china.

you can look um up at dnsstuff if you need more info.

Sweet. I'm going to go delve around and see how to implement this IP-range ban and then go visit dsntuff later.

Back