Vegans/vegetarians that have pets

^meaning of course that my pets aren't vegetarian, not that I don't eat them :p

A lot of people are Vegans because they don't like the use of animals for any 'slave-like' purposes.

Wouldn't owning pets go against their beliefs? They are using animals for self-gratification, toys, playmates, buddies etc...

Take pets away from Vegans!

Leslie said:
meaning of course that my pets aren't vegetarian, not that I don't eat them
Excuse me, but doesn't that mean you do eat them? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Vegetables are alive by the moment you eat them.

* remembers old thread where somebody argued with me that plants are not alive :lol:

fury said:
Are your pets vegan/vegetarian too?

I'm not but a guy I used to work with was & yes, his dog was a vegan. Everytime went to In & Out for a burger, the dog had this look...:D

i beleive there is such a thing as vegetarian pet food out there. why the pet doesn't do more than just give the owner a mean-arse 'you have got to be phreaking kidding me look' i don't know ;)

ris said:
i beleive there is such a thing as vegetarian pet food out there. why the pet doesn't do more than just give the owner a mean-arse 'you have got to be phreaking kidding me look' i don't know ;)

Canines are, actually, omnivores. They prefer meat, however, and that's the reason they are pack animals. Cats, and other felines, OTOH, are carnivores. Luckily, cats can catch and kill their own prey, so keeping a cat Vegan would be impossible. ;)

Back