Wanna see a grown man cry?

Professur

Take a look in SnP's direction when he reads this.

Dolly and Elvis ride together to promote Tennessee tourism

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - In a new television commercial promoting Tennessee tourism, a dashing young Elvis Presley drives his red convertible Corvette Stingray in a clip from his 1967 film Clambake.

But this time, the bouffant blonde riding shotgun has a familiar Appalachian twang. Through digital wizardry, it's Dolly Parton who's sitting aside the King of rock 'n' roll.
K042507AU.jpg

"It's like a dream team for Tennessee tourism," said Susan Whitaker, the state's tourism development commissioner.

"I've played a lot of stages over the years but there's one I never get tired of that's set for a great time day or night - Tennessee," Parton says before an announcer chimes in over scenes of Graceland, the Great Smoky Mountains and several other Tennessee attractions.

Then, Parton turns to Presley and says: "Let's pick it up a little bit, honey. There's all kinds of things to do in Tennessee."

"But next time, let's take the pink Cadillac."

Whitaker said the ad was conceived by Memphis advertising agency Chandler Ehrlich and had to be approved by Elvis Presley Enterprises and Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM). The process took about six months.

Tennessee hosted 44 million visitors in 2004 and tourism is a nearly $11-billion industry for the state, employing more than 177,000 workers, the Department of Tourist Development said.

Tourism officials said Tennessee jumped one spot in 2004 to No. 11 on a list of most-visited states, passing Nevada and its top tourist destination, Las Vegas

Source

Corvettes are from Kentucky.. so *buzzz*... minus one point.

They should be passing a bottle of Jack Daniels instead.

tonksy said:
Ain't they got Tennessee Walker or something?
Those would be Tennessee Walking Horses. Pretty, but I don't want to drink any.

If you're thinking about Johnny Walker scotch, they don't make that here.

Met Dolly once. She can't burn in hell quick enough for me.

Tennessee tourism campaigns have always been painful things to behold. I have no idea why. Well, yes actually I do...several of them...but I won't rant.

Tennessee is and always has been three states. I try to ignore the other two as much as possible.

i spent a vacation week in Tennessee a few years back. i would like to visit there again someday.

The one thing about Tennessee that bugs me is your state troopers. They are some seriously grumpy cops that will pull your ass over on little pretense. They rank second to Ohio in 'hiding behind the bushes and ready to pounce' irritating.

Then drive the speed limit and you ain't gotta worry about it. It's that out of state tag that draws 'em...same as any other state.

Dave said:
i spent a vacation week in Tennessee a few years back. i would like to visit there again someday.
Gimme some time to get the cement pond up and running, then you and Dara can sit around talking shop and watching me turn pretty shades of green. :D

me, the wife, and both our sisters are all nurses. we have to be careful how loud we talk in public. especially in restaurants.

Dave said:
me, the wife, and both our sisters are all nurses. we have to be careful how loud we talk in public. especially in restaurants.
Been there...

Keep an eye out for the speed limit signs in Tennessee, they change every half mile....

65----55--35-----65--35----65--20-----55--35----pullover

they have a similar trick around here. they call it construction zones.
i want the Jersey Barrier and orange barrel concession.

Back