We Made It !

Mare

Urlysis said:
Where in Florida did you move to? Hope all goes well and you find a great job.
Port Charlotte-Just learning 776 & 41-were on Gillot Blvd off 776.

Mare

Not much into sports -but i'll root for your team though :headbang:

Got my FLORIDA DL today- WoooHooo....
And boy is it the the season for road rage right now, LOL

Silver lady

Glad it's all turning arround for you good luck m8! you deserve the break's!
goodluck.gif

Mare

A.B.Normal said:
Best wishes,you may want to study up on the "punch style" voting cards next election is coming soon. :lloyd:

HeHe-Yeah -they registered me to vote when i got my DL yesterday-good ol' punch style here huh.. Oh Boy-recount time w/ Mare :lol2:

Inkara1

And make sure you take some protection with you when you go to vote... we don't need more pregnant chads. :D

vger

Inkara1, don't you mean those neon green lizards.....chameleons? The roaches are huge too.

And don't forget to check your shoes for scorpions before you put them on. Fleas are horrible down there.....don't get any animals. Misquitoes will carry you off.

Inkara1

No, I really meant neon-colored roaches. I saw one last time I was in St. Augustine, in 1993. Luckily, those kind of roaches like to stay outside.

The sewer roaches in Needles, CA are the same size but the normal brown color.

Sharky

vger said:
Inkara1, don't you mean those neon green lizards.....chameleons? The roaches are huge too.

And don't forget to check your shoes for scorpions before you put them on. Fleas are horrible down there.....don't get any animals. Misquitoes will carry you off.

Those lizards . . . there are about a dozen of them living on and around my front porch. They are funny to watch - they have a very strict territorial code, and when one gets too close to another's territory, there's lots of macho posturing and body language. They are called "anoles", btw. They are voracious predators, eating as many bugs as they can find.

The roaches aren't as bad as you might think. Like Inky said, they stay outside. If you find one inside the house, it is probably trying to find it's way back outside. The freakiest thing about them is they can fly.

Haven't ever seen a scorpion here (on the coast of the Panhandle), but south Florida might have them.

The skeeters are almost as bad as the ones in New Jersey . . .

By far, the strangest critter we have around here is the armadillo. They are like armored opossums - people call them "possum on the half shell". :lloyd: The bad thing about them is that they are nocturnal diggers - they love to eat worms and will dig holes all over your yard and garden overnight. The only way to get rid of them is to kill them or trap and relocate them. But as soon as you get rid of one, another comes along to replace it. :mad:

Fire ants are a serious nuisance. Their bite stings at first, then it leaves a welt that will itch terribly for days. If you destroy a fire ant mound, another pops up a few feet away in a few days. The only way to control them is to use poison bait granules that the worker ants carry to the queen ant to feed her. When the queen dies, the whole colony dies.

None of the other nuisances are all that bad. It really is a cool place to live (if you can tolerate sand and HOT, humid summers (thank Gawd for air conditioning). There's tons of stuff to do at the beach (I am a certified bikini inspector ;) ) lots of good seafood, and if you like boats and watersports, it's heaven. And there are cool birds and nice critters like lots of deer. There are snowy egrets, herons, giant pileated woodpeckers, bluebirds, owls and hawks living on my property, and otters, alligators, and raccoons play in the river that forms my back property line.

Mare - check out these links! :)

http://www.floridastateparks.org/

http://www.flausa.com/

And the most useful and powerful website for Florida residents:

http://www.myflorida.com/

Mare

Sharky said:
Those lizards . . . there are about a dozen of them living on and around my front porch. They are funny to watch - they have a very strict territorial code, and when one gets too close to another's territory, there's lots of macho posturing and body language. They are called "anoles", btw. They are voracious predators, eating as many bugs as they can find.

The roaches aren't as bad as you might think. Like Inky said, they stay outside. If you find one inside the house, it is probably trying to find it's way back outside. The freakiest thing about them is they can fly.

Haven't ever seen a scorpion here (on the coast of the Panhandle), but south Florida might have them.

The skeeters are almost as bad as the ones in New Jersey . . .

By far, the strangest critter we have around here is the armadillo. They are like armored opossums - people call them "possum on the half shell". :lloyd: The bad thing about them is that they are nocturnal diggers - they love to eat worms and will dig holes all over your yard and garden overnight. The only way to get rid of them is to kill them or trap and relocate them. But as soon as you get rid of one, another comes along to replace it. :mad:

Fire ants are a serious nuisance. Their bite stings at first, then it leaves a welt that will itch terribly for days. If you destroy a fire ant mound, another pops up a few feet away in a few days. The only way to control them is to use poison bait granules that the worker ants carry to the queen ant to feed her. When the queen dies, the whole colony dies.

None of the other nuisances are all that bad. It really is a cool place to live (if you can tolerate sand and HOT, humid summers (thank Gawd for air conditioning). There's tons of stuff to do at the beach (I am a certified bikini inspector ;) ) lots of good seafood, and if you like boats and watersports, it's heaven. And there are cool birds and nice critters like lots of deer. There are snowy egrets, herons, giant pileated woodpeckers, bluebirds, owls and hawks living on my property, and otters, alligators, and raccoons play in the river that forms my back property line.

Mare - check out these links! :)

http://www.floridastateparks.org/

http://www.flausa.com/

And the most useful and powerful website for Florida residents:

http://www.myflorida.com/
THNX for the links will check them out-YEAH after awhile I guess things get to grow on you here. Just take time. Michael met a friend and they have a 3 yr olddaughter so tinight we are going on their own hayride and treat or treat with the kids-guess there's a bonus when you do have children , easier to meet ppl and make friends.

Mare

:swing: hey been checking out Venise-seems pretty nice here-more civilized -everything pretty much walking distanse too. We'll see.
Need a car first. I Loved the sites freako-THNX :winkkiss:

Mare

:crying4: Ohhh so homesick-miss New Jersey and Mom and friends -But dont miss all the BS I was dealing with there. Just venting....

freako104

its natural. try to call them when you can since that helps. youll be over it soon. best wishes. were all here if you need us

Mare

Actually getting pretty familiar with certain areas, been venturing , and one road here always leads into the other some how or another, so its pretty hard to get lost. Miss friends and family alot, try t call but by the time my sis's phone is free on weekenights -Im so beat in bed early and up early, and work Saturdays , so beat on Sat. nights, and Sundays are pretty much my day to get things done that I need to . Need to get a Cell phone of my own , I can make calls to family members-just have to watch the time limits and see if they can call back after so long, share the exspense of long distance calls.

BUT, lived in South Philly until I was 4 yrs old, then South Jersey the rest of my life, so YEAH kimda miss the familiar faces and places.
Just holding my head up and trying my best for the boys and me.
I think i'm holding up pretty well, just get homesick, you know that actually feeling in your chest (heart), of hurt. :sadhug:

Mare

WTF....

Can you believe came all the way down to FL to get away from all the BS in NJ-and "It" (i'll leave it at that) followed me down??????? :disgust: :cuss:

Just gotta :lol2: .............