Welcome, OTC, to the volcano

kuulani

I thought you guys would like to see a pic that I took on my trip to the volcano ... sorry folks, this isnt the site of the current eruption, but this is Halemaumau crater, home of Pele, in the Kilauea caldera :D

Attachment(s):

dsc00117.jpg, 142.12kb

50_1035410428.jpg

We were so far away from the crater, that you cant even see the parking lot near it and the tons of tourist buses that are parked there :D

We got an "oogy" feeling walking on this trail ... *spine-tingling* ... it was like we were the only people on Earth :D

Attachment(s):

dsc00126.jpg, 145.64kb

50_1035411274.jpg

:lol: damn. and if we had that virgin, i couldve gone to the eruption site and take a pic for you guys. darn. :D cant go to the eruption site without a suitable offering ...

ooohhh .. I have some pics my students took on our huaka'i (excursion) there a few weeks ago too!

Attachment(s):

crater3.jpg, 141.96kb

54_1035411701.jpg

can you believe it? ku'u and miki went on a picture-taking trip to the volcano and left me here at the office all by myself all day yesterday *sniff* *sniff*

those pics are great though, ku'u

kuulani said:
:lol: damn. and if we had that virgin, i couldve gone to the eruption site and take a pic for you guys. darn. :D cant go to the eruption site without a suitable offering ...

I'm sure LL would volunteer. :D

Awesome pics, guys... I know how much you despise tourists but it's pics like that that make us long to go there. It's all your fault damnit!! ;)

:D @ greenie ... I don't despise tourists entirely ... you are always welcome here gf - and lucky for you, you're not a virgin ;)

:D

we dont despise all tourists, only the stupid ones :D

you know, its as if theres some sort of thing going on in the universe that makes decent, loving people act stupid as a tourist ... you know, littering, walking in the middle of the road like they own the place, etc ... :D

the Hawaii Volcano National Park is amazing ... the pics above show desert conditions, and yet it boasts beautiful rainforests. Heres a pic of one of my favorite ferns :D

Attachment(s):

dsc00090.jpg, 148.97kb

50_1035412865.jpg

OMG, that palapalai is beautiful ...

we see them so often that sometimes, you forget just how beautiful it is ... I love the smell most of all ...

I was just thinking of you two this morning too because I found a plant when I was at the NY Botanical Gardens that I loved and I finally got around to asking the people on my Gardening message board about it... Turns out, it's call Episcia and it's tropical. The pictures I see online aren't as beautiful as the ones that I found at the gardens but I think I'm going to try growing them anyway. It's probably a plant that would do wonderfully by you guys. :)

As far me being a tourist in Hawaii, I would always respect your home and environment but I see how so many others wouldn't. Like this woman who used to be my assistant at a job I had years ago... She Honeymooned in Hawaii and took some volcanic rock/sand that they told her not to and brought it back with her. I hope at least they knew and had a chance to curse her before she left, she was a bitch anyway. :D

kuulani said:

*bad joke alert. Please stand by...*

But Ku'u...didn't you take the baby with you?

You haven't brought baby to work for the day yet?

tsk tsk tsk!!! *shakes finger at Kuu*

Back