Well, I opened up a checking account

fury

Administrator
Staff member
today with $100 (minus $20 for the checks :disgust2: )

Now I can finally get my paypal account verified! :beerbang:

Quick...burn the checks while you still can.:mad: Moneygrubbingcapitalstpigthievingbastardbanks:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

The regular ones. The expensive ones (the kind with a carbon copy behind each check) were $5 more.

I have jungle print checks...tiger and leopard, several styles...but even though I like the checks, I still don't like the bank this week. They pissed me off.

PuterTutor said:
How did you verify it without a checking account?
I think they charge you $2.95 on your credit card and you have to type in the code that appears on your credit card statement.

Jeslek said:
PuterTutor said:
I think they charge you $2.95 on your credit card and you have to type in the code that appears on your credit card statement.

Yes, that's how I did mine - I'm Internationally verified! :lol:

But it was only $1.95 back then. :)

PuterTutor said:

Use a credit union.

fury said:
the kind with a carbon copy behind each check

Worth every penny...fewer mistakes & yo don't need to spend $10. to get a copy.

I just have regular blue and green print (two kinds). Works for me...the last time I wrote a check was to pay taxes. Before that......umm......gosh, I don't remember. I use credit for everything. My bank also posts pictures of the cancelled checks on its site for online banking, so when I *do* write checks, I can see them.

Finally got the plain blue again, after having purple checks for the last six months. NEVER let your wife pick out the checks if you have to take the checkbook. At least it wasn't the pastel rainbow checks my bro has to carry.

Jeslek said:
I have never written a check in my life.

Become a full fledged taking care of yourself paying your own way eating any crap you can afford turning down the heat because of the bills adult & then you'll never quit writing them.

Gonz said:
Jeslek said:

Become a full fledged taking care of yourself paying your own way eating any crap you can afford turning down the heat because of the bills adult & then you'll never quit writing them.
:headbang:
Its true
:crying5:

Gonz said:
Jeslek said:

I rarely write cheques, maybe once a month. :shrug: I usually use my debit/bank card, direct debit arrangements or direct payment from my bank via the internet. If I use my credit card I always pay it off at the end of the month. My bank pays me interest not the other way around. They have the privilege of my deposited money earning them money. I have full control of my finances and intend it to stay that way. :)

Actually, at the moment I'm re-evaluating my personal finances and reducing my monthly out-goings. There's a lot of stuff I really don't need and wouldn't miss and the wasted money would do better in a high interest account.

Back