Well ...there it is

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
Say you were talking about Clinton. It would read....

"The irony of this entire administration.

The (R)s think that he's an evil sex maniac who is horny as a toad yet try as they might, he keeps beating them."

The difference hear is that Clinton got a BJ and BushCo cost the taxpayer trillions,

Doing a job that Clinton and George HW didn't finish...

flavio said:
killed hundreds of thousands,

Which has been disproven at least 30 times in this forum alone...

flavio said:
took away our civil liberties,

Which ones? It's obviously not stopping your constant yammering...

flavio said:
tortured people

More charges with no evidence...

flavio said:
screwed the environment

For not going along with the junk-science called the Kyoto treaty...

flavio said:
set a new record deficit, etc, etc

So all that talk about doing something to protect the troops with improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay was to be done for free? How droll...

flavio said:
...and yet brain dead masses think he's infallible.

Yet those same "brain dead masses" are the ones who voted for Clinton when he won the White House...and are the very reason Gore and Kerry lost. Perhaps they didn't like being taken advantage of, and voiced their opinion through voting, instead of empty talk and verbal harassment? Perhaps they got fed up with attitudes like yours, demeaning their existence, and offering only derision and dis-respect. Hmm...perhaps you are one of the "brain dead masses" who's only existence is to stifle any opposition to your ideas through taking away those same "civil liberties" you claim the government is taking from you...

Don't you mean "Whoomp there it is?"

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=861342

The eight memos all labeled "secret" or "confidential" were first obtained by British reporter Michael Smith, who has written about them in The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Times.

Smith told AP he protected the identity of the source he had obtained the documents from by typing copies of them on plain paper and destroying the originals.

How can you trust the memos were authentic if the originals were destroyed?

Libs will believe anything as long as it puts GWB in a bad light. Silly libs, tricks are for kids.

356074.365328.gif

When journalists create documents after the fact to support preconceived notions about what has already happened....

It's Rathergate and the IslamoFlusher rolled into one.

One fact stands out: Michael Smith cannot substantiate his memos. And absent that validation, they lose their value as evidence of anything.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Doing a job that Clinton and George HW didn't finish...
Wasting taxpayer money and innocent lives on a corrupt agenda.

Which has been disproven at least 30 times in this forum alone...
Point out just 3.

Which ones? It's obviously not stopping your constant yammering...
If you don't know stop your yammering and look it up.

More charges with no evidence...
Bullshit. Evidence is everywhere, check one of the torure threads.

For not going along with the junk-science called the Kyoto treaty..
Obviously you've missed at least a few hundred things.

So all that talk about doing something to protect the troops with improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay was to be done for free? How droll...
Did I say something about that? Is that where most of the money is going. How idiotic...

Yet those same "brain dead masses" are the ones who voted for Clinton when he won the White House...and are the very reason Gore and Kerry lost.
No, not really.

flavio

Banned
The Other One said:
How can you trust the memos were authentic if the originals were destroyed?
Nobody is considering them anything but authentic even in your link.

Cons won't believe anything as long as it puts GWB in a bad light.

images

MB00341.jpg

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Did I say something about that?

Yep...

flavio said:
Is that where most of the money is going. How idiotic...

Once again, you yammer away with no inkling of how the money is being spent. Then again...you're in Oakland, and not where I'm at. You don't know anything at all about logistics. I do. You have no idea what the money is being spent on. I see it every day. Now who's idiotic?

flavio said:
Nobody is considering them anything but authentic even in your link.

The Lying Mainstream Media that wrote the article thinks they're real? Wow.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Smith told AP he protected the identity of the source he had obtained the documents from by typing copies of them on plain paper and destroying the originals.

Only foaming at the mouth Libs who want Pres. Bush out of office would trust the Downing Street Memos as authentic.

If a reporter was chasing after YOU, waving papers that he had copied manually from the originals he had since then destroyed to protect the "identity" of his "source" as "proof" of some action he is convinced YOU committed you would tell him:

1. OK, you got me fair and square. I can't go up against THAT kind of proof.

2. You have an anonymous source and no original documents. Come back when you've got some REAL evidence.

3. Say hello to my little friend.

C'mon Flaves. Give it up. Kerry lost a long time ago.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Where?

Once again, you yammer away with no inkling of how the money is being spent. Then again...you're in Oakland, and not where I'm at.
Go ahead and show some evidence how the biggest part of the pie is going to improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay if you're not being idiotic.:rofl3:

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Where?

Go ahead and show some evidence how the biggest part of the pie is going to improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay if you're not being idiotic.:rofl3:

I'll start simple, so you can understand. Body armor costs around $400 per person. The Army, alone has over 140,000 soldiers in the AOR. HMMWV armor costs around 5,000 per vehicle. There are over 3,000 HMMVW's in the AOR. There are also hundreds of trucks that got armored...I'm not counting the people and equipment that left because you'd negate those, anyway...even though the Army ships their people and equipment as a unit, so all that armor that left would be added. Now add the cost of shipping that armor and those people int, and out of, the AOR. Since C-17's took the majority into the area from the states, you have to add the cost of fuel for those planes. While you're at it, you can add the maintenance figures as well...including the cost of at least one new engine that got shot off by a shoulder-fired SAM, during a run into Baghdad last year. Now add in the manpower costs of the people loading, and unloading, those aircraft at the base of origin, and the final destination. Not done yet...we also have to add in the cost mounting the armor on the vehicles. Here's the tricky part for you...If a C-17 uses $40,000 of fuel for take-off, and $20,000 of fuel to fly across the Atlantic, and has to make at least one stop in Europe before continuing on, how much is one trip. Remember, it has to come back home afterward...Now multiply this by the number of trips it takes to fly in all that armor...a C-17 can carry around 75,000 pounds w/o in-air refueling, which would take another aircraft and another crew, but we'll stick with 75,000 to make your job easier. Each armor kit weighs approximately 3,500 lbs, BTW, but each kit also takes up 1 pallet position on the aircraft...(there are 18 pallet positions on a C-17). Get the picture yet? I hope so, because if you also add in the Combat Zone Tax Exclusion, you're adding around $300 per month, per person, for being in the AOR. We're not even talking about the Immenent Danger Pay of $250 per month, or the Family Seperation of $225 per month for those military folks who are married, or have children...

BTW...the C-17 has a usual crew of 3, but that crew is augmented for trips that have stop-overs, so don't forget to add in the crew pay and their IDP, CTZE, and flight pay. Most of the pay you can find on-line...

flavio

Banned
Go ahead and show some evidence how the biggest part of the pie is going to improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Go ahead and show some evidence how the biggest part of the pie is going to improved body armor, up-armored HMMVW's and better pay.

I already did. Just because you don't realize that the whole thing is a logistical nightmare doesn't detract from what I posted. Whats the matter...can't figure it out for yourself?

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
I already did. Just because you don't realize that the whole thing is a logistical nightmare doesn't detract from what I posted. Whats the matter...can't figure it out for yourself?
First thing, when showing that something is the biggest part of the pie it is necessary to show that the other pieces are smaller.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
First thing, when showing that something is the biggest part of the pie it is necessary to show that the other pieces are smaller.

First thing. When dealing with the pie, the serving size includes all the ingredients. Not just what you want them to be. While it is easy to claim that the military is overspending, the way it spends should be part of the discussion. I showed you some facts you wish to ignore showing how the slice got so big, and you still don't get it...even though the price of the single item may be small, the cost of the item ends up being quite large.

flavio

Banned
I'm not ignoring anything, just still waiting for you to show the biggest part of the pie so we can move on.