We're finally going to do it.

Professur

Luis G said:
WOW, I didn't know that. It explains all that 'kind of loving' you 2 have lately.

btw, I'm not the nicest with my friends either, but everything I do is meant to help them (even when they believe otherwise).

No. That has to do with certain decisions Bish has made. Some people think that friends shouldn't tell you when you're making mistakes. I'm not one of them.

greenfreak

Luis G said:
Is that kind of job too expensive? I'm surprised it is not a common practice.
I have no idea of the cost right now, being that I haven't liked any of the rings I saw and that most of them had diamonds in them.

I'm leaning towards what I call a "wraparound ring". It's not a solid circle, it wraps around the finger, kind of like this:

R0562.jpg

But not in yellow gold, and not that plain. I'd love to find something with a leaf/flower motif to go with the emeralds but that just ain't happening so far. I like having an idea of what I want before I physically go looking because I don't like being talked into things, I want to know before I go.

greenfreak

Stkshft said:
Go for the open bar, everyone will love you!
With the amount of alcoholics in my family, I would get lynched if we didn't. Actually, I don't think we've ever been to a wedding that didn't have an open bar.

Inkara1

The biggest advantage to getting married on a Friday, besides the hall being half-price, is that they dropped the $500 minimum at the bar... but considering how a certain few members of my family needed to drown their sorrows about me getting married, the $500 minimum would have been no problem anyway. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Stkshft said:
Congrats!!

My only advice, sence I've gone to so many weddings, and witnessed a lot. I just don't plan on that right now for myself tho.

Go for the open bar, everyone will love you!

Except her mom who is paying :p

tonksy

that's a very nice ring.
greenie? there is a favorite joke of mine that describes my comment. i think i'll just have to pm it to you.

greenfreak

Friday night wedding is out of the question. I absolutely will not do that to people, and my mother agrees so we're cool on that. Too many out of state relatives to consider.

Yeah, Mom might cringe at the open bar thing, but part of her wants to keep up appearances for her siblings so I'm sure she's not going to have a problem with it in the end.

A friend of mine told me about a site to get ring ideas, and I found one that looks interesting. Picture this "estate-inspired" ring with an emerald instead of a diamond:

ziamond_1847_6250

http://www.ziamond.com/estr1004.html

I like the band, the engraving makes it more interesting. I'm beginning to see that estate jewelry is much more my style. I think the middle stone would be "princess cut" (square) instead of this one that's emerald cut.

Jonas, thanks sweetie. :kiss: Although we are definitely not a perfect couple!! We have issues like any couple would but we're perfect for each other I guess. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I never thought I'd see the day :D

That's just awesome Trish, I'm happy for both of you.

Stop Laughing

Wow, congratulations! I just went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago, actually the first I really remember. It was a nice ceremony with good food at a banquet hall in their neck of the woods, but it had a pretty big ominous moment which you might wanna be careful of if you plan anything outdoors. It was mostly outside but under a permanent-like tent, and just as they were saying their vows it started absolutely pouring, the gushing gutters on the tent along with the heavy rain made it impossible to hear them. It stopped once they were finished too.

greenfreak

Yeah, that would really suck, if it rained on an outside wedding! It's supposed to be good luck, blah blah blah, but I'm sure that the sound of the rain on the tent was deafening! Man. Well, I guess they have a wedding story to tell people now. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Yeah, that would really suck, if it rained on an outside wedding! It's supposed to be good luck, blah blah blah, but I'm sure that the sound of the rain on the tent was deafening! Man. Well, I guess they have a wedding story to tell people now. :)

I hope it rains on my wedding...if you are wondering WHY click HERE

Inkara1

I do too... but only because Brandi insisted on that being played while she and her dad stoof in front of me, the minister, and the whole wedding party. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't the whole damn song... and I could tell her dad was wishing the song would hurry up too.