What age did you get your driver's license?

What age did you get your driver's license?

• 14, 15

Votes: 25 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 18-22

• 23+

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
I'm talking a full license, so that you can drive by yourself...

Also post when you first started driving, and of any humorous stories you have while learning to drive :D

Myself... I almost removed a newly planted tree when backing up :p

and I got mine at 16. And boy that day.... did I celebrate :D

I'm bringing this up cuz I have to go for my very final driver's license in a few days... (My current license is the same as a full license except I cannot drive with alcohol in my blood, and it expires after 5 years. The full license allows for 0.08% alcohol and does not expire.)

OOPS! I voted 16 but I was 17 before I got my G2. I need to read the first post before replying to polls!

16...I had been driving, in the desert & small roads around the desert & mountains since about 12. I was fully licensed & gone in 60 seconds. My biggest "fear" was entering the freeway, the first time, during heavy traffic. I learned that you pick a spot & accelerate. Scared the bejeezus outta me. Now, I wanna kill those who haven't learned.

Ok so i borrowed a good friends brand new full size 4x4 351 bronco(his parents). They had it parked at the airport for some reason but left the keys in it. So we took it out one night with a bunch of friends. We were drinking beers and dropping acid. There was snow on the ground that night and we were driving around acting like a bunch of savages. Well my buddy xxxx was only 17 at the time and he had a kerfew. So i dropped him off at home and promised to return his truck to the airport. Buuut first we had to do just a little more cruzing. Well we found this killer rock quarry shaped like a bowl with walls that went up 150' becoming vertical at the top. We'd start at one end of the quarry and punch it climbing the wall at 75mph and then turning at the very top only to come back down and do it again. On the forth try feeling really gutsy and after a case of beer and five hits of acid i slapped into the steepest wall climbing all the way to the top and doing just fine until the truck tipped. Next thing i know we're rolling & tumbling over and over all the windows are shattering, i was instinctively hanging on tight to the bottom of the steering wheel pulling myself into the seat and meanwhile i'm hearing all these sounds thump...ug..aaah..smash..oww..Bam..ug..oof. We rolled it about five times and when it finally stopped everyone climbed out the windows and ran off. We were shaking glass out of our hair for the rest of the night. I called my friend the next morning and told him "Dude i wrecked your truck". He's like "yeah right Ha Ha very funny". So i had to drive him to the scene of the crime. And there at the base of the rock quarry stood his pitiful flattened Bronco upside down and smashed to pieces. He looked at me and didn't say a word. Didn't talk to me for the next month actually.

Umm...after typing this out it looks like a bit much so if anyone finds this disagreable i will certianly understand and remove it. LL just brought back some memories that's all. I certianly don't condone any of this.

17. Probationary licenses here in Indiana allow you the privilege of driving alone, but if you have passengers, the person in the front seat has to be 21 or over and have a valid operators license

We aren't allowed to drive at all until we're 18, you can't even get your theory certificate before 18. I got mine just 3 or 4 weeks before my 19th birthday, took me almost a year, 43 lessons, and if you think that's much, believe me: most people need more than that here. Especially if you live in the Rotterdam region, driving here sucks :sick:

Had to go for my theory a second time, but passed the first time for my license. Now I've only got 3 years in which they can take away my license after 3 serious offences (drinking and driving, causing a crash, etc), which I think is a good thing though. I know I'm a pretty good driver, never drink and drive, so this rule doesn't bother me...

17. I had been taking Driver's Education with my school for a few months and took my road test in my boyfriend's full size 79 Chevy Blazer. He had these big mirrors which made it really easy to parallel park and a rear view mirror that spanned the entire windshield. The guy who was testing me looked at the truck, climbed in, and started filling out his paperwork. I glanced over and saw that he was writing 'Pass' for every section. When he finished writing, he told me I could start driving.

I would have passed anyway but it did piss me off that he passed me before even seeing if I could drive. And there was no changing those marks afterwards, there's only one sheet per person and he was writing in pen. I didn't say anything of course. :)

i started to drive at 16, without a license....

i had to get one at 19 because i was going to drive to another city (500km away), and if a federal road police caught me without a license, i'd lose precious time of my vacations :D

Back