What are you listening to right now?

whoreable said:
Shadowfax said:
will download the song, whoreable, thanks for the tip :)

[edit: can't find it :( what kind of music is it?]

it would be punk/hardcore genre....OMG i said genre....i am the gay.

anyways i could help you get some if ya want ;)

well you want it or not shadowfax ol boy?

Nick Drake--Pink Moon

I was listening to this last night and Rusty asked me what it was and when I told him, he did a little research. The album this song came from is also called Pink Moon and was released the year I was born, 1972. I had no idea that it was so old, since I had first heard it in a VW commercial last year.

Rusty went on to say that he was very depressed and committed suicide two years after the album was released. :( I just found a link to the lyrics of his last album and I have to say, so much of it references night and dark, etc... Here's the link.

Pink Moon is the sound of Nick Drake cracking up. That's not exactly true--some have long thought that his death by an overdose of an anti-depressant was an accident, and not suicide--but this album, recorded over two late nights, certainly sounds like a fever dream. Peter Buck of R.E.M. has called the album "Like an English version of (Robert Johnson's great blues) `Hellhound on My Trail.'" The lyrics to the title song read in their entirety: "Saw it written and I saw it say, pink moon is on its way. None of you will stand so tall, pink moon is gonna get ye all. And it's a pink moon." Aside from a splash of piano, the only instrumentation on this stark and spooky collection is Drake's eloquent acoustic guitar

an article on his last album and demise

Back